Project Portfolio Manager - Birmingham
The Project Portfolio Manager, reporting into the Portfolio Office Director will be accountable for the visibility and Real Time status for a portfolio of projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a BCorp (B Corps are for-profit companies certified by the non-profit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.) organisation whose main purpose is to better the lives of people in the community.
Based in Birmingham, the role of Portfolio Manager for Projects will be primarily focused on an existing Public Sector client followed by other broader projects across the business, managing projects, supporting the project management office, manipulating project portfolio data and designing and producing reports on portfolio status and performance for executive stakeholders.
Key responsibilities for the Project Portfolio Manager:
- Portfolio establishment and structure
- Management of the Portfolio.
- Portfolio reporting.
- Ownership of portfolio dashboard.
- Senior stakeholder engagement including CEO, CFO and COO.
- Team management and internal development.
Project Portfolio essential experience required:
- Working in a Portfolio leadership role, within Public Sector in the last five years.
- Minimum 5 years' experience delivering as a project manager.
- Must have recent experience operating at Board and Senior Manager Level.
- Strong facilitation, developing and training skills.
- Prince 2 or MSP practitioner
- Excellent analytical and data presentation skills
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally on occasion.
- Candidates with exposure to Public Sector/People-centred services sector, including employability programmes, skills training and health-related support will be given favourable consideration.
Please send your CV (up to 4 pages) in the first instance, highlighting relevant essential experience noted above.