Flight Simulator Engineer
Job Role: Flight Simulator Engineer
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance
Flight Simulator Engineer - Permanent - Lincolnshire - Excellent Salary!
- Responsible to the Site Manager for the support and maintenance of the Synthetic Training Equipment (STE).
- To provide supervision, training and technical support to the maintenance team.
- Responsible for the completion of any authorised modifications, drawing updates or document changes as directed by site manager.
- Responsible for ensuring personnel on their shift adherence to Health and Safety Regulations and Quality Assurance plans within the Synthetic Training Equipment environment.
- Responsible for the supervision of personnel on their shift and prioritising work to be carried out.
- Required to carry out training of other team members.
- Perform Daily Flight Servicing to ensure that Synthetic Training Equipment is available to meet the training programme.
- Perform scheduled and corrective maintenance to ensure that Synthetic Training Equipment performance objectives are achieved.
- When appropriate, carry out repairs to unserviceable equipment removed from the STE.
- Liaise with the customer's on-site representatives and end-users to maintain currency with developments on the Aircraft and its operation.
- Provide support and assistance during Post Design Services (PDS) modifications.
- Responsible for the completion of any authorized modifications, drawing updates or document changes as directed by site manager.
- Perform any other task which can reasonably be expected by the Simulator Site Manager.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Will hold "IOSH - Managing Safely" or be willing to obtain.
- Demonstrable Flight Simulator experience. With the demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical electronics engineering tasks, with proven experience in a supervisory or team lead role.
- Ability to interpret schematics, drawings and electrical wire diagrams.
- Solid understanding of both digital and analogue electronic theories.
- Able to calibrate, install, maintain, repair, and test flight simulator(s) and associated support equipment.
- Knowledgeable and accomplished in the use of personal computers; to include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Excellent Communication and Technical writing skills are a must.
- Able to work flexible shifts that include nights and weekends as required.
- Requires ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Will involve some international travel.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in Distributed Training and Mission Rehearsal operations.
- Experience with Image Generators and Main Frame Computers.
- Experience with aircrew training devices (flight simulators).
- Experience with live, virtual, constructive training.
- Qualified in soldering techniques.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with the use of test equipment; to include Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Strip chart recorders, Logic Analyzers, Frequency Analyzers, and DVM's.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.