Flight Simulator Technician
Job Role: Flight Simulator Technician
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Flight Simulator Technician - Permanent - Lincolnshire - Excellent Salary!
- General understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field of flight simulation.
- Basic knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of problems.
- Some knowledge in testing and troubleshooting of both digital and analogue circuit systems at component level, board level, and LRU level repair related to both commercial and military products.
- Reports and documents all maintenance actions and support activities as required using software database programs, associated forms and maintenance logbooks.
- Required to maintain a clean work environment and operate with high quality operating principles during all maintenance activities.
- Comply with all Safety and Security policies and procedures.
- Remove and install hardware/software as required for modifications and updates to simulator(s) and associated support equipment.
- Write and maintain Contractor Operating Instructions/Work Instructions (COIs/WIs).
- Must be able to establish and maintain professional relationships with both military and civilian personnel assigned.
Under Minimum Supervision Perform the Following Tasks:
- Provide maintenance support of the Synthetic Training Equipment (STE), and associated training equipment.
- Perform advance fault isolation, repair, operational checks, and preventive maintenance actions of simulators and associated training systems, to include host computers, visual display systems, electric control loading systems, computer networks, and associated electronic equipment.
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations to include reliability, maintainability and logistical analysis
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solutions
- Comply with all Health and Safety Regulations and Quality Assurance plans within the Synthetic Training Equipment environment.
- Perform Daily Flight Servicing to ensure that Synthetic Training Equipment is available to meet the training programme.
- Perform scheduled and corrective maintenance to ensure that Synthetic Training Equipment performance objectives are achieved.
- When appropriate, carry out repairs to unserviceable equipment removed from the STE.
- Provide support and assistance during Post Design Services (PDS) modifications.
- Perform any other task which can reasonably be expected by the Simulator Site Manager.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Aptitude to maintain Flight Simulators with the demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical electronics engineering tasks, with recent experience within a similar Flight Simulation role.
- Ability to interpret schematics, drawings and electrical wire diagrams.
- Basic understanding of both digital and analogue electronic theories.
- Will hold B Tech ONC/HNC or equivalent in Engineering
- Able to calibrate, install, maintain, repair, and test flight simulator(s) and associated support equipment.
- Knowledgeable and accomplished in the use of personal computers; to include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Excellent Communication and Technical writing skills are a must.
- Able to work flexible shifts that include nights and weekends as required.
- Requires ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in Distributed Training and Mission Rehearsal operations.
- Experience with Image Generators, PCs and Servers.
- Experience with aircrew training devices (flight simulators).
- Qualified in soldering techniques.
- Experience with live, virtual, constructive training.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with the use of test equipment; to include Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Strip chart recorders, Logic Analysers, Frequency Analysers, and DVM's.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.