Nature of the Systems Administrator role:
Resolve and deliver all aspects of the client service desk and managed service platform. To manage, solve and satisfy customer requirements and facilitate prompt call resolution. Develop, maintain and provision all aspects of service desk support to allow Acuutech to provide effective and efficient service and ensure customer problems and issues are resolved. Act as an escalation point for the resolution of the advanced technical issues where the required skills sets, knowledge is not available with the team. Provide implementation assistance to the Technical Architect Team for implementation both internal and client facing.
- Develop, monitor and support the hosted technical platforms
- Take ownership for telephone calls to the Support Desk and resolve them as quickly and effectively as possible. Maintain an excellent relationship with the customer while questioning so as to understand what steps will be necessary.
- Establish and maintain a technical library and keep relevant information up to date. Provide Service Delivery Manager with up to date technical documentation and contribute to Support desk documentation.
- Invest time in understanding current and new technical developments and stay up-to-date with these.
- Undertake any other duties within their competence as may be required from time to time.
- Act as first line support when systems demonstrate performance issues or service failures internally and externally
- Where application integration issues exist with 3rd party vendors manage support calls with those vendors through to successful resolution.
- Monitor the Acuutech hosted environment proactively taking corrective action where required.
- Ensure reliable and consistent backups exist for colocation data at all times.
- In cases where the contractual commitment to the customer is at risk (e.g. failure to meet a SLA) ensure the customer’s expectations are managed whilst a resolution to the issue is determined. Notify the appropriate members of Acuutech staff that the SLA may be breached and determine corrective action.
- Maintain an excellent product knowledge of all company products and services as well as developments with manufactures systems
- Assist Client Support team and undertake duties which include 1st Line and 2nd line engineering When required serve as Client Support Engineer (Complex installations or problem resolution)and provide support as required.
- Participate in the process and procedural development of business system feeds
Required / desirable skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clear and effective communicator
- Ability to work closely with and develop relationships with clients
- Highly organized with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Problem Solving
- Team Player
- Ability to travel and work extended hours occasionally long distance/overseas
Required Experience / Education:
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade C min)
- MCP/MCSE (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) (desirable)
- PC Hardware and software knowledge
- Network Cabling and Networking routers experience of CISCO
- Experience of Windows and MS packages including Office, Internet and Exchange
- Experience of Field/Customer site support
- Driving License
- Server and MS Exchange
- Citrix experience
- Documentation skills
If you feel that you meet the requirements of the Systems Administrator then please apply!
Apply for Systems Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly