Shipping Specialist / Logistics Specialist
Job Title: Shipping Specialist
Location: Desford, Coventry
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: This will be an 'Implant', working Mon to Fri, 3.30pm - 12.00am
Our Client is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining intercontinental Air and Ocean Freight with comprehensive Value-Added Logistics Services and Supply Chain Services. They operate a global network with some 500 branches in more than 80 countries, and employ approximately 16,000 people worldwide.
Job Summary / Duties:
The successful candidate will be liaising with customers in their own environment to provide a fast and effective shipping service.
- Building relationships with customers to a high standard
- Working with customers to ensure all deadlines are met
- Attending and organising meetings regarding project and tender work
- To provide documentation for customs purposes
- Provide documentation according to IATA standards for hazardous air and road freight as well as pack to IATA and ADR standards
- Work together with an operations team based at Heathrow via phone and email to ensure all shipments are provided with correct paper work and deadlines are met
- Providing multiple non-hazardous shipments for an International courier
- Working with Independent couriers providing an express service in and around Europe
- Labeling of samples and products according to E.C. labeling laws
- Working to OIMS (operation integrity management system) recognised throughout the oil industry
- Providing a weekly activity report to the export manager at Heathrow
Candidate skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a logistics environment
- Previous Air export experience
- Knowledge of handling hazardous goods according to IATA and ADR
- Customer focused
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently or in a team where required
- Able to solve problems
- Able to use own judgment
- Able to prioritise and meet advised deadlines
- Focus on output
- Experience of using computer systems excel and outlook as well as being able to adapt to an in house system
- 25 days holiday
- 3 x life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Voluntary benefits scheme (discount off websites)
Have you previous experience within a logistics environment, with Air export experience?
Have you knowledge of handling hazardous goods according to IATA and ADR?
Are you computer literate, with excellent Excel and Outlook skills?
Are you eligible to live and work in the UK, with fluent English language skills?
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with relevant experience or job titles of; Export Advisor, Logistics, Shipping, Air freight, IATA, ADR, Hazardous goods, OIMS, Customer Service, International couriers, Warehouse, Dispatch, Scheduling, Distribution, import, Export Spares Support, Export Admin, Exportation Experience, Export Advisor, Export Adviser, Spares Support Adviser, Spares Support, Service Administrator, Export Consultant, Trade Compliance Administrator, Trade Export Admin will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Shipping Specialist / Logistics Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly