Service Desk Manager
Service Desk Manager
Location: Loughton, Essex
Nature of the Service Desk Manager role:
Develop, maintain and oversee all aspects of the Service Desk. Ensure that Acuutech delivers an effective and efficient service, ensures customer problems and issues are resolved promptly. Manage client and staff expectations and maintains customer satisfaction by ensuring problem-solving is done in a timely manner. The communication they present to the customer and supplier will be reflected in customer satisfaction, future orders and profitability and is therefore of paramount importance.
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems, manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop and manage phone/ ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists including career development, oversee staff activities, builds/ obtains training material for support staff. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support. Interact with internal and external customers.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s, will provide a single point of contact for Service Desk ticket management, monitoring of phone queues and participating in call escalations as needed.
- Oversee solutions repository as needed to ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff. Develops service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measures performance. Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support for the organization. Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Manage process for communication outage/ emergency activities to the organization. Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs. Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience. Keep confidential all applicant, client and verification and company property information.
- To maximize customer operational performance by providing Servicedesk resources and technical advice; resolving problems; disseminating advisories, warnings and new techniques; detecting and diagnosing network problems
- To accomplish human resources objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- To achieve customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing audits; identifying customer service trends; to determine system improvements; implementing change
Required / desirable skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clear and effective communicator
- Decision making skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to manage processes
- Good documentation skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Ability to analyse and report on information obtained
- Ability to work closely with and develop relationships with clients
- To improve and develop the knowledge and skills of others
- Highly organized with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to handle communications and corporate affairs
- Ability to build an effective and efficient team
- Able to use own initiative to ensure client satisfaction, whilst managing expectations
- Upselling skills
- Diplomacy skills
- Background in IT, would suit someone from a MSP background
- Previous management experience required, at least one year
- Experience working in a help desk environment is essential
- Support works preferable but not essential
- Overall good technical understanding and experience of Microsoft Technologies, Windows Server, Exchange Server and Office 365.
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade C min)
If you feel that you meet the requirements of the Service Desk Manager then please apply!