UK General Manager
Our client is looking for an experienced General Manager with international commercial experience in sales and marketing, from an industrial production background and ideally from a trade unionised environment
The overall role is to plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the organisation. Ensure and improve the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organisational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
The key to this position is experience in Key Account Business Development, and a strong background in establishing relationships with the top level of management and senior purchasing directors
Also to have experience representing the Company at Industry relevant Associations etc
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organisation.
- Review financial statements and data. Utilise financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organisational goals for Best Practice. Formulate and implement departmental and organisational policies and procedures to maximise output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures
- Plan the use of human resources. Organise recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organisational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, pricing and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service.Manage key accounts. Direct the Market Manager. Manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities
- Report to and Liaison with Corporate Business Manager. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
Education and Experience:
- College degree in business administration, commerce, management, industrial technology or industrial engineering.
- Industry relevant production experience in a trade unionised setting.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
Sales, Marketing & Customer Service Management to include:
- Manage the market manager on calling schedules, time management, sales strategy, new business pipeline, pricing, sales reporting, market intelligence relation to customers, product applications and competitors.
- Make customer visits in person,make cold calls, do market research, identify new markets and applications.
- Make decisions on account and territory management to ensure sales and customer service work is effectively allocated.
Communication & Team Building:
- Facilitate communication among all parts of the operation (customer service, sales, finance, inventory management, production, HR, quality control)
- Create an open, cooperative and congenial work environment where all employees are part of the team and are working towards common goals
- Coordinate and monitor the work of those involved in production, warehousing, and quality control
- Monitor performance and implement improvements
- Plan production labour efficiently and maximize productivity
- Manage maintenance of building, equipment and machinery
- Oversee and enforce Best EHS practices
- Keep all production costs in control
- Review and approve monthly financials prior to publishing
- Oversee controller - provide support where needed.
- Watch purchasing and inventory levels closely
- Oversee purchasing decisions and work with Group Purchasing Manager to procure the best products at the best prices.
- Use financial data to improve the profitability of the business.
- Customer prices vs. costs to maximize profitability
- Prepare and control operational budgets
- Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company
- Ensure company has proper IT infrastructure in place for daily work and back-up solutions.
- Organise recruitment and placement of required staff
- Establish organisational structures and reporting relationships
- Delegate tasks and accountabilities
- Establish work schedules
- Supervise staff
- Monitor & evaluate performance.
- Understanding of UK Employment Legislation
Coordination & Supervision
- Coordinate, monitor, and manage the workings of various departments in the organisation
- Improve processes and policies in support of operational goals.
- Formulate and implement departmental and organisational policies and procedures to maximise output
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures
- Create effective reports for managing the business efficiently.
- Report to and liaison with Corporate Business Manager. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Working to KPI targets
- Business Retention and Sales Growth
- Yearly Customer Call Schedules
- Customer Complaint handling
- CRM expertise
Package includes competitive salary plus car allowance and bonuses