Level 2 Business Admin Apprentice - Lancashire Community Finance
1. To act as first point of contact for all LCF enquiries, client communication, face to face, over the phone and email.
2. Identify the initial needs of customers who approach Lancashire Community Finance
3. Ensure all relevant information is obtained from the customer to enable the loan to be processed
4. Adherer to FCA regulatory requirements including / KYC /treating customers fairly and LCF lending policy
5. Arrange the issue of formal agreement letters and ensure receipt of signed copies before setting up or arranging the setup of loans.
6. Assist with the running of back office systems
7. Maintain a filing system in line with LCF organisational system
8. Attend community events
9. Collate daily lending data & funders outputs, prepare reports using word, excel and PowerPoint
10. Maintain efficient data monitoring systems,
11. As required undertake home visits
12. Undertake customer surveys and collate results
13. Liaise with community groups
14. Be responsible for customer cash and card payments and payment of monies into the bank account.
15. Keep office clean & tidy
16. To assist the Management team and undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Understand the financial needs of low income families, and how they manage their day to day income and expenditure
• Customer Service knowledge and experience
• Previous administrative background
• Attention to detail
• Excellent telephone skills, or the ability to develop these quickly
• Good communication skills , both verbal and written
• Knows the key activities of the job and when it is appropriate to seek help from others
• Able to receive and carry out instructions accurately
• Has relevant product knowledge for the job.
• Able to work to deadlines
• An ability to multi task
• Keyboard/IT skills and working knowledge of all relevant software
The work of Lancashire Community Finance is subject to peaks and troughs. The busiest period is the last quarter of the year particularly around November and December. Whilst it may be necessary, on occasions, to bring in extra resource, there is an expectation that all staff within the business will work flexibly and support the business in the requirement for additional hours. All agreed additional hours will be paid for or time off in lieu will be given.
Communication - Good spoken communication means you speak confidently, and fluent, in a way which holds others’ attention through the use of an appropriate pace and level of voice. If you have good written communication you are fluent, clear, concise and can adapt the style of your written communication to suit the audience to which the communication is aimed
Analytical Thinking - Analytical thinking means you are able to analyse problems and identify key issues. You can approach a problem or opportunity in a systematic way, identify the relevant information, absorb data quickly and be able to work with detail, facts, figures and statistics in order to arrive at logical conclusions and decisions.
Team Working - A good team player fits in with the team, developing effective supporting relationships with their fellow team members by showing them consideration and creating a sense of team spirit.
Business Awareness – Business awareness means that you are aware of what our comparators are doing and what the rest of LCF is trying to achieve. It means you are conscious of how we generate income and the impact of your own efforts on our commercial viability.
Initiative - Initiative means you are able to take advantage of opportunities, anticipate situations and problems, and find the right solution. It’s about not waiting around to be told what to do but taking personal responsibility to respond to an opportunity or resolve an issue. It’s about going the extra mile even if it is not technically part of your job in order to deliver good customer outcomes and being resourceful in identifying relevant information from a variety of sources to get to the heart of an issue. You have the ability to investigate issues and delve into a situation in order to deliver the right solution
Flexibility - Having flexibility means you are willing to adapt your thinking and behaviour to suit different situations. You recognise the value of alternative views to issues and are enthusiastic and supportive of change which will benefit our customers, colleagues and LCF. You are prepared to listen to other people’s views and take on board their comments even if sometimes it means changing your current plans or way of working.
Delivery Focused - Setting yourself high standards of work and striving to exceed your performance objectives in order to achieve quality, efficiency, accuracy and excellence in all aspects of your work. You take personal responsibility for your own time management and your focus is on getting work right first time and on time, continually checking for accuracy. You demonstrate a willingness to finalise loose ends, ordering activities that need to be undertaken to ensure a task is fully completed on time.
Excellent communication skills – telephone, face to face and written. Good understanding of Microsoft Office package, attention to detail
5 GCSE’s A*-C to include English and Maths (or equivalent) and desirable IT qualification
Customer service, Team work, initiative, flexible, adaptable
Right candidate progression to level 3 and Administrator role as per job description on salary level £13104-£17000.
Apply for Level 2 Business Admin Apprentice - Lancashire Community Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly