Salary: Dependant on experience
A well established reinforced concrete contractor based in Essex is now recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Estimator. They operate across all forms of reinforced concrete works including formwork, steel reinforcement, concrete and waterproofing and now boast a £10million turnover.
An excellent understanding of project costs, labour and material costs, accuracy, attention to detail, professionalism, and the ability to work under pressure are qualities they are seeking in the selected candidate.
· Ensure in consultation with the project team that all necessary notices and submissions required by the various forms of contract are given in an expedient manner so as to protect the Company's position in its trading activities;
· Prepare accurate draft sub-contracts and/or to approve such drafts as prepared by subordinates to the level of responsibility delegated by the individuals supervisors;
· Participate and advise the impact of variations/design cost control/value engineering;
· Participate and advise on programme/delay issues arising from change/variation and to prepare claims for extensions of time;
· Prepare, negotiate and settle final accounts;
· Dispute avoidance or alternatively resolution;
· Ensure the timely submission of all relevant data required to monitor and analyse individual contract performance on a monthly and encourage all subordinate staff in their personal development;
Applications are now invited from candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Minimum 3 years experience.
· MRICS or CIOB is desirable.
· Excellent knowledge of the building and tendering process.
· Previous reinforced concrete experience
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Excellent numeracy & literacy skills
· Total IT literacy with good Microsoft Office Skills
· Ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines
For more information about this role or keen on a new opportunity within the Construction Management sector, please contact Martin Lively on 01223 311735 or email@example.com