MARKETING MANAGER PLYMOUTH - SALARY TO £35K DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Are you looking to join a leading creative technology business in the beautiful South West? Would you relish the opportunity to make a real difference in an exciting and challenging marketplace?
GOSS are looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic Marketing Manager to lead our in-house Marketing activities, and to support us in achieving our ambitious growth plans.
We welcome applications from candidates who have worked in any industry, but if you can demonstrate particular strengths and success in marketing the benefits of technology solutions and consultancy services - ideally to the Public Sector, then we'd love to hear from you!
We are a leading web and digital platform company and we are proud to win awards for our technical and creative work. We've been in business since 1999, and our team has more than 60 people. Our dress style is casual and we love a good work/life balance, so our working hours are flexible. Most of us are based in our spacious offices with stunning views over Dartmoor - just 25 minutes from the nearest beach. Our staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pensions and bonuses, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and support for personal development and training. Our diverse clients range from the public sector (Police, Local Government,) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries, Caledonian MacBrayne and Virgin Trains.
What you'll do
- You will manage all aspects of the GOSS Marketing function, working closely with the Sales, Creative and Product Management teams as well as other teams across the business to deliver winning results
- You'll be responsible for the marketing strategy and execution of plans for existing products
- You will research and analyse market trends. You'll identify target markets and how best to reach them - creating marketing strategies for different markets, as required
- You will research and evaluate new product opportunities, demand for potential products, and customer needs and insights
- You will help to define product requirements in line with market trends
- You will be responsible for the entire cycle from lead creation to nurturing, ensuring that all leads are cultivated throughout the sales cycle to support both Account Management and Sales functions.
- You will manage and enhance internal stakeholder relationships as well as owning the GOSS website and inputting into the GOSS Intranet.
- You will manage media and external PR agencies, as required, and manage and develop external relationships with clients, suppliers and partners
- You will plan and execute campaigns using digital tools and managing budgets and you will provide meaningful analysis and reporting of the effectiveness of all marketing efforts.
- Working closely with our Creative Team and other teams, you will be responsible for content creation (such as case studies, press releases, literature, images and blogs), digital marketing (website, emails, social and webinars) and offline (events and print). The delivery of effective, branded marketing communications is key.
- You will define and implement social media strategies
- You'll organise and manage marketing collateral
- You will attend trade shows, conferences and sales meetings
WHO YOU ARE
- You have several years of experience as Marketing Manager - ideally marketing technology solutions and consultancy services to the Public Sector
- You are able to think strategically and also adopt a hand-on approach
- You have good business sense, budgeting and analytical skills
- You have the ability to use marketing automation tools - CMS, CRM, email and analytics tools is essential
- You are able to write meaningful reports and recommendations based on market research
- You have excellent spoken and written communication skills, and a great attention to detail
- You have good organisational and planning skills, and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- You have drive, passion, motivation and initiative
- You have the confidence to 'sell' your ideas and deliver clear ROI on activities
- Qualifications from The Chartered Institute of Marketing are preferable
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK AT GOSS?
The team at GOSS enjoys a range of benefits such as company pensions and bonuses, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and support for personal development and training. View the full list of benefits here.
If you have any great examples of your recent work, please include a link and brief description alongside your application.
This post is based in Plymouth, UK. Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.