TECHNICAL SOFTWARE TRAINER/CONSULTANT
TECHNICAL SOFTWARE TRAINER/CONSULTANT PLYMOUTH - EXCELLENT SALARY
Are you a highly capable Developer looking for a Software Trainer/Consultant role? You would be working closely with our training and development teams to plan and deliver technical training courses and consultancy to our clients across the UK.
You would be visiting a wide variety of our client sites to help them realise the maximum return from their investment in our technology.
This role will take responsibility for providing high quality software and systems technical training and consultancy across the business and to clients. You will provide training/consultancy on new software releases, our product portfolio, upgrades to existing and new clients, in a classroom environment and where needed, one-to-one.
The successful candidate will have experience in systems/software classroom training, compiling training manuals and will be responsible for the delivery of instructor-led training on our software. Full training will be provided on the software. You will ideally have over one years' experience as a Technical Trainer within a software house or similar.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government, Met Office) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries, Caledonian MacBrayne and Virgin Trains. Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work (we know, we've checked the logs)!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Coordinate on-site training and bespoke consultancy requests with GOSS clients and ensure that the training/consultancy meets their specification
- Deliver training activities and/or consultancy at client premises throughout the UK
- Develop and optimise the courseware for new and existing courses ensuring a high-standard of course development and course delivery
- Design, develop and maintain training material to meet business objectives, creating relevant exercises and examples
- Create appropriate training plans/schedules for clients
- Distribute course evaluation forms in order to assess quality statistics, appraise and submit recommendations
- Maintain personal proficiency in both current and new product rollouts
- Maintain the training database to ensure effective course administration
- Complete documentation for billing after the course, if appropriate
WHO YOU ARE
- At least 1 years' experience in a similar customer-facing training role
- Experience of .NET ASP, Java and/or Front end web development
- Clear, concise and accurate verbal and written communication skills which are adaptable across both an existing and new client base
- Working knowledge of database technology, structure and queries including MS SQL
- Working knowledge of networking technology and application software
- Working knowledge of Operating System technology including MS Windows 2000, 2003 and CentOS
- Solid and well developed customer care skills
- Experience of discussing training material with end clients and tailoring it to their needs
- Demonstrable ability to deliver complex software to an audience of differing skill levels
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Must have excellent communication and client development skills
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the company and a favourable image of the company
- Work cooperatively in a team environment
- Remain flexible to changing schedules
- Ability to travel regularly within the UK, full UK driving licence desirable
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK AT GOSS?
The GOSS team enjoys benefits such as company pensions, bonuses, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme and support for personal development and fully funded professional training. View the full list of benefits here.
This post is based in Plymouth, UK, with the opportunity for some home working where appropriate. Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.