We are currently working with a successful local accountancy practice who are now looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join their busy team due to continued growth. Reporting directly to the Payroll Manager this is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious payroll administrator looking to advance their career. With high potential for progression, the role will involve working on a portfolio of clients, processing payroll on a weekly, fortnightly and monthly basis.
- Process and submit all frequencies of payrolls (weekly / monthly) including RTI, year-end returns and P60's.
- Responsible for maintaining own portfolio of clients and ensuring payrolls are completed accurately and on time.
- Deal with employee and clients' queries and provide technical advice when required.
- Maintain and update all payroll data, including auto enrolment pension obligations.
- Liaise with HM Revenue and Customs when necessary.
- Update all statutory payments as appropriate, e.g. SSP, SMP, OSPP etc.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Previous payroll experience in a accountancy practice is highly desirable, yet not essential
- Recent experience of either Sage Payroll is essential
- Knowledge of auto-enrolment
- Knowledge of HM Revenue & Customs current legislation
- Strong MS Outlook, Excel and Word skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills