£17,950 - £20,187 pa
Southborough, Kent TN4 0RJ
Ideally to start early 2017 - start date negotiable
Meadows School is a successful non-maintained residential and day special school (9-16) and off-site unit 16+ unit (16-19) run by Barnardo's, providing education for pupils with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties; Autistic Spectrum Conditions, Speech and Language difficulties and associated learning difficulties.
The school has a 19-acre main campus and operates several sites and buildings across the local area.
We require a Caretaker/Gardener/Driver who can:
- Assist and support the Premises Supervisor in school and grounds maintenance tasks
- Work as a part of the maintenance team to ensure the buildings and grounds are maintained to a high standard
- Supervise other maintenance staff, liaise with contractors and ensure compliance with legislation and Barnardo's procedures
And who has:
- An understanding and awareness of health and safety legislation and implementation
- Experience of building and maintenance, repairs and grounds work
- A flexible and adaptable approach to tasks
- A clean driving licence
- A willingness to undertake further training
For further information on Meadows School in the first instance, please consult the school website at: www.barnardos.org.uk/meadowsschool or contact Stephen Hawkins (Premises Supervisor) on 01892 529144. Visits to the school are encouraged.
For more details and to apply, please click on the apply button to be redirected to our website.
Closing date: 12 December 2016.
Interviews: 16 December 2016.
Barnardo's Registered Charity Nos 216250 and SC037605.