Support Developer - Commodities
Established in 1990, Citadel Asset Management is a world leader in developing and implementing investment strategies that deliver alpha to its investors. Citadel Asset Management actively invests in a broad range of asset classes including equities, credit, fixed-income and commodities. Citadel Asset Management deploys capital for a diversified client base that includes endowments, pensions, high net-worth individuals and sovereign wealth funds. For more information, please visit www.citadel.com.
Commodities encompasses Citadel’s activities in the North American natural gas market and European gas and power markets, as well as its activities in the crude oil, refined products and agricultural commodities markets. The Commodities team combines fundamental market expertise with quantitative analytics to identify directional and relative value investment opportunities.
Support Developer for Commodities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day to day support to the business, including investigating and triaging issues that arise.
- Analyse trends to ensure repeated issues are identified and remediated
- Work directly with Traders, Analysts, Operations and Tech to ensure smooth day to day running of trading workflow
- Identify areas of inefficiency and automate or redesign those aspects
- Enhance existing systems to add new features or capabilities
- Help build systems to enable analysts to efficiently collect and analyse large volumes market and fundamental data to make superior trading decisions – help the firm turn data into actionable knowledge.
- Responsible for all phases of the technology life cycle
- Coordinating and communicating specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project
- Experience on a technology team within a financial institution providing support
- Knowledge of commodities products or experience in big data
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, distributed development, system design)
- Fluent in a language that is easily transferable to Python (Java, c#, etc).
- Past experience working within a globally distributed team would be beneficial
- Proactive individual with experience working within a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics
- Ability to multitask and prioritise issues
- Experience working with RDBMS (Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle) both in a schema design and application development capacity
- Exposure to OTC/Derivatives trade life cycle and position management a plus
- Working knowledge of VBA, Perl, C++
- Outstanding analysis / problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Intellectual curiosity. A strong desire and aptitude to learn and share ideas and knowledge with colleagues.
- Open and flexible to change (programming language, evolving specs, different business areas, etc.)
- Self starter who is comfortable interfacing with a diverse set of people (Traders, Quants, Trading Assistants, etc)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a demanding and changing environment
Background / Experience:
- Technical education should include an undergraduate and/or advanced computer science, electrical engineering or other relevant applied science
- Proven track record in software design and development
Closing date: 24 December 2016