IT Support Engineer
IT Support North West (part of the ICU Group) has been providing IT Support to the North West for over 18 years. Based from their Liverpool office, they are now looking for a new recruit to join their team of engineers, supporting clients in the Liverpool, Manchester, Warrington & surrounding areas.
As an IT Support Engineer your duties will include:
- Providing 1st, 2nd & 3rd line support to their clients, with on-site visits when required.
- In the longer term, this will include project works (server installs, migrations, network upgrades, scheduled health check visits).
An ideal IT Support Engineer must have previous experience supporting Microsoft networks, preferably with experience of working in the IT Support sector. Candidates must have recent experience and proven ability in the following disciplines:-
- In depth support of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 onwards
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Exchange Server
- Network Maintenance, monitoring & fault localisation
- Configuration and Management of Virtualised Server Environments
- Remote Desktop Services & Thin Client Technologies
- Microsoft desktop operating systems (W7 onwards) – install / config / maintenance
- Firewall configuration / management - hardware & software
- Fault diagnosis and resolution planning (costs/downtime/implications etc)
- A good understanding, and experience of supporting TCP/IP & DNS
- Centralised Anti Virus Software suite configuration/roll-out/management
- Experience with Office 365 Solutions / platforms
- DNS / Email technologies / web hosting principles
- Remote Support Technologies
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Peripheral / mobile device support and integration ( Iphones / Smart Phones)
Must have a corporate attitude to work:-
- Reliable & Accountable
- Good communicator - able to converse with users/management at all levels
- Attention to detail is essential
- Lateral thinker
- Report Writing Abilities
- Able to contribute and participate as part of a team on a daily basis.
Candidates should ideally live within 15 miles of the Liverpool based offices.
Occasionally, you may be expected to work at weekend/out of hours to assist with project works - currently, this would happen 2 or 3 times a year.
In return you will receive a competitive salary + Company car (business mileage reclaimable).
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV Online with a clear indication of your salary requirements.
ref : 53301541 / INDHP
Apply for IT Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly