Housing Management Place Officers
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at Midland Heart as a Place Officer, as we implement a new model of service delivery for housing management.
We have already implemented a highly innovative and successful Customer Hub resolving customer enquires at first point of contact. We are now developing our Place Team, which will support the delivery of excellent customer services through innovative and proactive approaches to the management of our “places” ensuring they are places where people want to live both now and in the future.
Place Officers – Housing Management
Location: Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Stoke-on-Trent, Coventry or Leicestershire
Salary: £26,160 rising to £27,537 after successful completion of probation (pro rata for part time)
Hours: 35 Hours (Full Time) with 1 part time post
Contract Type: Permanent
The Job role includes:
- Identifying and / or responding to risks of tenancy failure for new and existing tenancies
- Providing a professional tenancy service responding to customer service requests that could not be resolved at first point of contact
- Provide professional & timely interventions to resolve tenancy breaches before they pose a risk of harm to others, cause damage to our assets or result in tenancy failure.
- To provide a proactive estate management service to remove or mitigate hazards that present a risk of:
- Harm to residents
- Damage to our assets
- Negative perceptions about the place
- Maximising income through efficient and professional management of the start, changes to and the ending of tenancies.
We are looking for people who:
- enjoy the challenge of working in a busy and fast paced environment
- are committed to and have a track record of delivering high quality services
- the ability to manage estate based staff and external contractors to ensure our properties and schemes are maintained to the highest possible standards
- have a flexible approach to work that puts the customer at the heart of service delivery
- can build effective partnerships with communities and other service providers that contribute to the delivery of our goals
In return we offer:
A competitive salary which is regularly reviewed and benchmarked with the market, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays rising to 30 days after qualifying period, Agile working, Company pension, childcare vouchers, shopping & leisure discounts, cycle to work scheme, regular tailored training & personal development plans.
Our Head Office is based in Birmingham but we have opportunities to be part of teams that operate across our wider operational area of the Midlands. Our vacancies provide the opportunity to work in a variety of regions across the Midlands including Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Stoke-on-Trent, Leicestershire, Coventry and more.
Closing Date: 6th December 2016.
Our Assessment Day will be held on 9th December, with successful applicants being invited to Interview on 13th or 15th December, both in Birmingham City Centre.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button to be directed to our website. There you can download the role profile and complete the application process.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, for example large print, more information can be found on our website.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service check and costs will be met by Midland Heart.
Please do read the role profile before you begin your application. CVs will not be considered, so please complete the application form in full.
Midland Heart aspires to be a digital organisation that minimises its impact on the environment. Wherever possible, we will conduct transactions digitally rather than by paper and ask that current and future employees share this commitment. Where required, we will support colleagues to be digitally enabled.
No agencies please.