Production Operative / Extrusion Setter - Manufacturing
Job title: Extrusion Setter
Location: Poole, Dorset
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 including shift allowance depending on experience.
Hours: Permanent - your working hours will be 42 per week on a continental shift pattern
The company was founded in 1969 and today holds a position as European market leader in innovative plastics packaging solutions for the food industry. During this time, they have specialised in innovative and optimised packaging solutions for ready meals, fresh meat and cold foods and snacks.
The company holds an unrivalled position as a strong, international player. Their headquarters are located in Holstebro and they employ more than 1100 people spread across seven production sites in Denmark, UK, Czech Republic and Spain, as well as multiple sales offices covering all of Europe.
Reporting to the Extrusion Supervisor you will be required to support the running of the extrusion area production lines to the required standards ensuring all procedures are adhered to.
You will also be required to comply with all operating and quality standards and ensure the extrusion standards for hygiene are followed.
- Running the extrusion lines
- Changing material blends as of the standards
- Cleaning and basic maintenance of extrusion machinery
- Quality sampling
- Reducing downtime and waste
- Maintaining quality records
- Booking stock onto the company's stock control system
- Running the compound line
- Operating the area granulation machinery
- Printing labels
- The ideal candidate should have basic experience of working within a manufacturing environment and have good mechanical aptitude.
- Extrusion knowledge would be advantageous.
- You will need to be able to understand and communicate effectively with other employees and it's important that you can work effectively with your team, peers and colleagues.
- You should also have basic IT skills , good physical fitness
- Good attention to detail
The hours of work will be an 8hr rotating shift covering 24/5 during training going to a 24/7 continental style shift pattern.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and attach your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience of; Manufacturing Operative, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Operative, Production Technician, Process Operator, Production Engineer, CNC Programmer, Extrusion Setter, Extrusion Production, Manufacturing Operative, Extrusion Operative, Extrusion Machine Operative, Extrusion Machine Maintenance may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Production Operative / Extrusion Setter - Manufacturing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly