Cricklade, Swindon, SN6 6HE
Our client specialises in the design and manufacture of innovative, high performance packaging, from simple corrugated cardboard boxes to highly engineered transit packaging for a multitude of applications and industries. Operating out a modern production facility in Cricklade, Wiltshire, they work with clients both locally and throughout the UK.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician to join a small team to maintain, modify and install plant, services and facilities across their sites.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager and working in a team of four, you will be responsible for maintaining, modifying and installing plant, services and facilities across the sites within the Group. You will also maintain and improve Health & Safety in line with the Company procedure and statutory regulations.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for
• Testing and inspecting electrical installations
• Improving processes and plant through a constructive project based approach
• Reviewing breakdowns, analysing the cause and taking action / planning the repair to minimise downtime
• Facilitating the implementation and adhering to the ongoing schedule for planned preventative maintenance
• Assisting in the training and development of the Maintenance Apprentice
You will have previous experience within manufacturing and specifically with Welding or Fabrication and Machining (turning) experience. You will be a problem solver and computer literate with good communication skills. In addition you must possess the following:
• Electrical, 17th edition and C&G guilds qualification
• Mechanical experience / qualification
• Own transport and clean driving licence
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Maintenance Technician role click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.