IT Support Engineer. North Somerset
IT Support Engineer - 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line Support. Portishead, North Somerset.
We are looking for a hands-on and highly communicative IT Support professional that is comfortable working within a small support team of 2 people.
The successful individual must be comfortable dealing with internal user problems on a daily basis, and must be accustomed to working and dealing with strong personalities.
IT Support Engineer - Key Skills:
- Good IT Technical Support experience.
- 1st line, 2nd line and some 3rd line support experience.
- Excellent user support experience.
- Good experience supporting end users, face to face, via phone and other remote access methods.
- Good Windows Desktop support experience.
- Windows Server support.
- Some Networking (e.g. WAN/LAN connectivity, Routers, Firewalls, and security).
- Must have a valid UK driving license.
- Must be comfortable travelling 1 to 2 days a month across the UK.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
IT Support Engineer - Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of virtual environments e.g. VMware, Hyper-V etc.
- Certification such as MCP or a degree within an IT discipline would be a distinct advantage.
- SQL Server
IT Support Engineer - About the Role:
Your role as the IT Support Engineer ( Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Networking ) will involve:
- Providing an in-house 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line support resource.
- Supporting a small user base of 200 users.
- Providing on-site support to other offices 1-2 times a month.
- Troubleshooting mainly 1st line through to 2nd line support issues.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems.
- Installing, maintaining and support Windows Desktops, software applications and hardware accessories.
For more information on this IT Support Engineer role, please apply now for an interview.