Contracts Manager - Construction
CONTRACTS MANAGER - Construction
£Excellent + bonus + Quality Company Car
An exciting opportunity for an experienced construction Contracts Manager to join our client, a leading well-establish main contractor, based in Lincoln. With a good commercial sense and understanding of all aspects of the contracting process and technical building requirements you will work from offices based in the city, although contracts will be nationwide. Clients will include Councils, Universities and Colleges, Retail and Leisure, Housing as well as major Industrial projects.
- To deliver projects to a high standard, on time and on budget
- Manage any issues or concerns in a proactive, positive manner
- Preparation and presentation of Tender Documentation
- Understand customers requirement and challenges and how success is measured
- To work collaboratively with Project Managers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors and other members of the team.
- Ensure resources are managed to meet contractual requirements
- Brief project teams, contractors and suppliers.
- Drive responsibility and accountability into the delivery teams
- Lead in such a way that sets an example to others to ensure a positive attitude and environment at all times
- Regular review of contracts, procedures and policies to support the company's required outcomes
- Negotiate contracts with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Complete and prepare PQQ's (Pre-Qualification Questionaire)
- An industry recognised qualification such as a Degree, HND, NVQ or similar in a Building or related industry course
- Full knowledge of the contracting process
- Ability to manage client expectations in a diplomatic and tactful way
- A good track record of delivering projects successfully and on time
- Detailed understanding of safety leadership
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Contractually and commercially astute with an understanding how project and package P&L's impacts on corporate finances
If you are considering relocation, the vibrant city of Lincoln represents an ideal opportunity. A city that is steeped in history and culture, full of trendy bars and restaurant, excellent schools and beautiful countryside right on your door step. On top of that housing is affordable and transport links to the rest of the UK are excellent. You really should check Lincoln out!
The role offers an excellent career move for the successful candidate along with the opportunity to work with autonomy in a progressive forward thinking company. An excellent salary package and a quality company car will be offered.
North Hykeham, Scampton, Horncastle, Market Rasen, Newark-on-Trent, Sleaford, Boston, Woodhall Spa, Coningsby, Gainsborough,Worksop, Retford, Grantham, Scunthorpe, Louth