Business Development Manager - Global Events
Business Development Manager – Global Events
This Top-rated employer is a Global Events & Conferences player sector – working primarily within the Life Sciences, Technology & Finance sectors. The Global Finance division runs market leading events across the globe, providing customers with unique content, networking opportunities and community interaction.
Currently looking to recruit an experienced, focused and motivated events sales professional with a proven track record of growing accounts + securing new business to come on board as a Business Development Manager.
Role will be base at their offices in central London.
Ideal candidate for this role will come from the following background:
· Background in events sponsorship sales – specifically thought
leadership and content based selling
· Willingness to take ownership for personal targets and responsibilities
· Have extensive experience of selling into a B2B environment
· Used to selling to C-Level Executives
· Demonstrated experience handling complex briefs and an ability to respond with a
considered and articulate proposal
· Can deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions through product innovation and
event proposition development
· Have experience in tailoring bespoke proposals and presentations – must be able to demonstrate.
· Have excellent and accurate reporting and forecasting skills
· Can conduct own research and prospecting development plan
· Can thrive within a high performing sales culture
· Keen to develop and improve – opportunity for fast track promotion for high
Large scale infrastructure focused conference sponsorship sales experience is a preference but not a prerequisite.
· To exceed agreed revenue targets for each campaign
· Research, identify and close new business
· Identify new market / client segment opportunities and work with the team in the design of winning strategies
· Maximise revenue from new and current/previous sponsors
· To understand your customer’s needs and drivers
· To build and maintain strong relationships with C- level decision makers (with a
focus on maximising future revenue)
· Ability to strategically plan and prioritise your personal sales approach
· To manage the sale from lead generation to on-site delivery at the event
· Demonstrate ability to build and maintain a healthy pipeline of qualified
· To actively liaise with other key departments
· Be willing to adopt best business development practices.
What the role can do for you…
• Develop your career at a leading event’s organiser
• Scope to launch events and manage a team
• Work with the leading Finance, Banking and Tech brands
• Help to develop key account experience
• Develop your sales negotiations and presentation skills
• Work with a truly international client base
• International travelling
In return for your sales prowess you can expect to be rewarded with a base salary of £37k to £42k (dep on exp) + commission taking total earnings to circa £70k/£80k in your first year + benefits package.
Interested? If yes then please send your CV + covering letter in WORD format (not PDF please) to Tony Timmins, Executive Search Consultant.