2nd Line Technical Support Engineer / Network Support
Job Title: 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer
Location: Based from the London Office with regular travel
Salary: £26,000 - £34,000 per annum
The company is an innovative, dynamic technology company serving an impressive array of industry leading customers. Privately owned and established in 2002, the company has grown in reputation and influence in the Managed Service Provider space.
The company is striving to new standards in the IT world and the company believe this can only be accomplished with the right people. The company value their employees by supporting career development and progression. Together they set the standard others follow.
As a core part of the technical team, the key objective is to ensure that support calls that have been escalated are dealt with in a professional manner and within the designated Service Level Agreements (SLA). Where this is not possible, to escalate the call to Third Line, keeping the Helpdesk and Client updated at all times.
As a 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer you will be required to travel to customer sites providing onsite support consisting of Desktop, Server and Network related support to assist the Service Delivery function and related project work.
You will be required to investigate, diagnose and resolve issues relating to Desktop, Server and Network devices. This will include hardware and software issues which may require reconfiguring or upgrading, you must demonstrate an understanding of these devices and related software.
- Willing to go the 'extra mile' in helping solve client issues & keeping clients up to date.
- Where required, to answer the telephone within the company's SLA and using the standard company greeting.
- To remain focused at all times, logging and updating ALL key information regarding the support call using the tools provided by the Company.
- To remain constantly focused in resolving the support call in a quick and efficient manner, managing expectations and providing resolutions within the company's agreed SLA's.
- Escalate calls to the Third Line Team when appropriate.
- To keep up to date with current technologies as used by the Company and its Clients.
- To be able to adapt quickly to changing working environments and to familiarise yourself with all key company systems.
- To show a genuine desire to continually improve your technical knowledge and ability through self-study and in conjunction with the Company's offer of training.
- To maintain a healthy and interactive relationship with your team members and actively participate in the Company's activities from time to time.
- To document any changes to a client's infrastructure following a change in configuration or an upgrade/addition.
Personal / Technical Specification:
- Must be certified to MCITP - Server Administrator level, or willing to prove ability to support at this level (will be required to pass MCITP -Server Administrator within 9 months)
- Networking skills - LAN/WAN/Wireless maintenance, router/switch configuration
- MS Office 2007/2010/2013.
- Exchange 2007/2010/2013 support.
- Knowledge of AntiVirus applications.
- Knowledge of Office 365 migration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Backup applications.
- Windows Server (2003/2008/2012) support.
- Windows 7/8 desktop support.
- Desktop, Server & Networking hardware maintenance - memory installs, hard disc replacements, server installations, switch installations & configuration, Router/Firewall installations & configuration.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical ability at 2nd line engineer level meeting the above capabilities.
- Must be able to communicate clearly at a technical and end user level.
- Must project a positive, friendly professional image on the phone and in person when on customer sites.
- Can demonstrate a passion for customer service.
- Can demonstrate a passion for personal development.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Thrives on the diversity of travelling to different customer sites on a daily basis.
- Must have excellent documentation skills.
- Must be flexible in their approach to travel and projects undertaken.
- Must have onsite customer service experience
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 1st/2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 will also be considered for this role.