IT Support Technician
We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join our team based in Dundee.
Location: Dundee (DD2)
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, in house.
Hours: Shift work including days, evening and nights, flexibility for cover is essential.
Tradeprint are the leading trade printer in the UK. Winner of the PrintWeek Awards Company of the Year, and part of the Cimpress Group, we are continuing to develop and expand. We are now seeking an IT Support Technician to join our small IT team and be involved in most aspects of the corporate ICT operations.
Applicants with all degrees of hands-on technical experience in any IT specialty will be considered for this position, as the right candidate can fit within a broad spectrum of possible roles. In addition to experienced support technicians, this offers an excellent opportunity for a recent college or university graduate in an IT related discipline.
Candidates in the latter category must be able to demonstrate knowledge and interest in the business use of Information and Communication Technologies. If you have several years of experience supporting businesses of various sizes, you must be able to demonstrate areas in which you can improve on our current practices.
IT Support Technician – Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Analytical thinking, self-organising and prioritisation;
- Dedication to resilience, security and documentation;
- Self-driven to research and quickly learn methods and technologies;
- Ability to articulate proposed solutions and justify recommendations;
- Common sense in business technical operations and end user facing situations.
The successful IT Support Technician candidate will have an understanding and/or experience in the following fields:
- Microsoft server, workstation and Cloud;
- Range of Unix like systems including Apple devices and technologies;
- Business continuity and enterprise level storage systems;
- Best practices for corporate IT environment, such as password policies;
- OSI model and configuration of network devices from various vendors.
You will automatically be eligible for our Health Care Scheme after 3 months of being employed with the Company and entitled to 28 days paid holiday per year and will be enrolled into our Workplace pension scheme.
To submit your CV and a cover letter of up to 500 words (in the same .pdf file as your CV) please click “Apply” now.
This IT Support Technician role may be relevant if you have previous experience as a 1st Line Support, IT Helpdesk, 2nd Line Support Technician, IT Engineer, ICT Officer, Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Technician, Field Technician, Helpdesk Support, Systems Support, Systems Manager, Graduate IT Assistant.