Sharp Minds Sessional Youth Worker
Post: Sharp Minds Sessional Youth Worker (Part Time, Sessional)
Hours: Our client is recruiting for a Sessional Youth Worker to help run their Project on 2 evenings a week - 12 Hours a Week in total. This project works with young people experiencing mental health issues
They are also looking for Sessional Youth Workers on zero hour contracts who they will then employ on a sessional basis as the demand arises across Warwickshire, Coventry and Solihull.
Payment: The salary attributable to the post is: for unqualified workers the company salary grade E stages 1 – 7: £9.62 per Hour (plus £0.92 per Hour holiday pay) - £11.16 per Hour (plus £1.07 holiday pay per Hour)
For JNC qualified workers: £11.46 per Hour (plus £1.10 holiday pay per Hour) - £13.29 per Hour (plus £1.27 per Hour holiday pay).
To be accountable and responsible for the delivery of specific youth work projects, programmes and services in accordance with the policies of the company.
Responsible to: The Sharp Minds Youth Worker
Key Tasks will Include:
• Establishing relationships and a style of working that will enable the young people to safely learn and develop, in accordance with the principles and values of youth work.
• Helping in the delivery and development of Youth work programmes and services, in close collaboration with other staff.
• Working with the Fundraising Team to secure funding to help to meet the youth work budget requirements; to manage and achieve targets within project budgets.
• Developing monitoring and evaluation for projects with young people and staff, using tools including WEMWBS, providing reports as required to the Board of Trustees.
• Supporting young people to: gain accreditation through their involvement in projects; to support young people to raise money for activities through fundraising.
• Supporting, advising and guiding adults working with young people, not only on the day to day difficulties and problems which they face, but also on the ever-increasing list of regulations (Health and Safety, Charity Commissioners, Food Hygiene, Outdoor Pursuits, Financial Control and Licenses).
• Contributing to the development and marketing of company courses and activities including updating the website.
• Promoting the participation of young people in the activities of the company.
• Tracking the progression of young people using a recognised monitoring tool.
• To become involved with local and regional networks and partnerships in order to promote and develop the work of the company; to deliver their services to member organisations.
• To manage energy within the workplace and to make company as sustainable as possible.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to carry out any other duties as agreed with the Chief Executive that achieve the aims of the company.
Location of Head Office:
The post is based at our client's office situated at Jubilee House, Westlea Road, Leamington Spa, CV31 3JE. It is just outside the town centre. They operates a "No Smoking" policy within its grounds, offices and vehicle. The position will involve travelling throughout Warwickshire, Coventry and Solihull as well as occasional meetings elsewhere.
Our client has adopted an Equal Opportunities Policy and is working towards becoming an Equal Opportunities Employer. They have been awarded the positive about disabled people symbol.
Conditions of Service:
• The salary attributable to the post is: for unqualified workers the company salary grade E stages 1 – 7: £9.62 per Hour (plus £0.92 per Hour holiday pay) - £11.16 per Hour (plus 1.07 holiday pay per Hour) For JNC qualified workers: £11.46 per hour (plus £1.10 holiday pay per hour) - £13.29 per hour (plus £1.27 per hour holiday pay).
• Company has its own Terms and Conditions of Employment. This includes Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures.
• The postholder must be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a wide range of geographical locations. Company owns one car. When it is not available then approved travelling expenses necessarily incurred in exercising the duties of the post will be reimbursed.
• The nature of the work is flexible but will necessitate a regular commitment to evening and weekend work.
• The holiday entitlement is based upon 25 days (pro rata) and is paid on an hourly basis. Holiday pay is paid as identified above.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
Your line manager will offer advice and support. Regular records will be made by the post holder which will be used in evaluating your work. The Sharp Minds Youth Worker will carry out regular supervision sessions with an appraisal after a satisfactory three month probationary period and annual appraisals thereafter. The job description will be subject to regular review. The post holder will take part in company's Staff Development policy. This allows for induction, managerial supervision, annual appraisal meetings, and attendance at specific skills training days to maintain their skills and knowledge to professionally undertake their duties as a sessional Youth Worker.
A Contract of Employment will be issued within eight weeks of appointment outlining the full terms and condition of employment, which refers to specific policies and procedures in the Staff Handbook.
Please apply online for this Sharp Minds Sessional Youth Worker role with your CV and covering letter.
The closing date is 9.30 a.m. on Tuesday 6 December 2016. Interviews will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday 13 December. They will also be recruiting for sessional zero hours contracts after this date so do still apply.
Interviews will be held in Leamington Spa to suit the candidates and the company. Ideally people would be available to start within a month of being offered the sessional contract.
All applicants for this Sharp Minds Sessional Youth Worker role will need to complete a full application form. Further details will be sent out to the email address specified in your application.