Quantity Surveyor - Aberdeen
Location: Aberdeen (AB25 3UW)
Salary: up to £45k
Our client is a successful multi-disciplined Main Contractor within the Structural Repair/Building Refurbishment industry. They have a vacancy for suitably skilled and experienced Individuals.
The quantity surveyor/estimator will have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience within the construction industry. The quantity surveyor/estimator must be well organised and have the ability to flourish in a pressured environment.
- The Quantity Surveyor/Estimator will be primarily office based and they must have strong experience in the following.
- Measuring and pricing construction/maintenance works
- Ability to take a project from tender stage through to final account
- Maintaining strong and effective communication with Commercial Manager, Contracts Managers, Project Managers and other relevant stakeholders
- Produce and provide Monthly cost reports, periodic forecasts and cash flow information to Senior Management
- You will be responsible for Client/Sub-Contractor management including payments, valuations, final accounts, invoicing, procurement and disputes.
- You will be responsible for the preparation and submissions of payment applications as per the conditions of contract.
- You will provide assistance and commercial advice to contracts management and site teams for all project issues.
Experience/Skills that would be beneficial to applicants
- Sound and wide spread experience in the structural repair and maintenance Industry
- Good understanding of building technology and construction processes
- Specific experience in the pricing and implementation of Energy Efficiency works such as PAS2030 work scope installations such as External Wall Insulation.
- Specific experience and knowledge of the PAS 2030 standard and ECO (Energy Companies Obligation)
- Specific experience in the pricing and implementations of concrete repair works