Technical Support Engineer. Portishead
Technical Support Engineer - Windows Desktop, Windows Server. Portishead, Bristol.
We are looking for a hands-on 1st and 2nd line support engineer with strong internal user support experience.
The successful individual must be comfortable working within a small team of two. You must be a strong character and be accustomed to working and dealing with strong personalities.
Technical Support Engineer - Key Skills:
- 3+ years' commercial IT Technical Support experience.
- 1st line and 2nd line support experience.
- Excellent user support experience.
- Good experience supporting end users, face to face, via phone and other remote access methods.
- Good Windows Desktop support experience.
- Some Windows Server support.
- Some Networking (e.g. WAN/LAN connectivity, Routers, Firewalls, and security).
- Must have a valid UK driving license.
- Must be comfortable travelling 1 to 2 days a month across the UK.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Technical Support Engineer - Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of virtual environments e.g. VMware, Hyper-V etc.
- Certification such as MCP or a degree within an IT discipline would be a distinct advantage.
- SQL Server
Technical Support Engineer - About the Role:
Your role as the Technical Support Engineer ( Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Networking ) will involve:
- Providing an in-house 1st and 2nd line support resource.
- Supporting a small user base of 200 users.
- Troubleshooting 1st line through to 2nd line support issues.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems.
- Installing, maintaining and support Windows Desktops, software applications and hardware accessories.
For more information on this Technical Support Engineer role, please apply now for an interview.