Financial Controller / Qualified Accountant / Finance Manager
Job Title: Finance Manager
The company based in Rugby and with depots nationwide, owns, maintains and operates the largest fleet of modern On-Track Machines (OTM) in the UK, and operates Freight Services for Corporate Clients Nationwide.
The role holder is responsible for the operational financial leadership of the Rail Services finance team by assisting the Head of Finance - Rail Services and Rail Systems in supporting, maintaining and developing "Best in Class" financial planning and performance. With first class financial performance, key divisional activities, such as Finance, Payroll, Procurement and HR, will be able to operate effectively enhancing business profitability, delivery of UK operations and also on its operational reputation in the UK market.
- Accounting: Ultimate responsibility for all local unit internal reporting for relevant stakeholders for Rail Services. These comprise, but are not limited to, monthly management reporting, year ahead reporting (B0), annual target setting, budget (B1) and reforecast (B2) reporting, three year planning, bids, CRB and other ad hoc reporting as required.
- Financial Planning and Budgetary Control: Developing an insightful understanding of the business in order to be able to prepare the annual local unit business plan and providing necessary financial support. Keeping track of performance and ensuring that they remain within the parameters set by the budget as part of a "no surprises" finance culture.
- Contract costing system: Ensure cost controls are universal, optimized, fully applied and visible and correctly tracked and fully visible. Providing regular and consistent review material to local unit senior management on major cost categories and spend areas for review and challenge.
- Forecasting: Develop the current forecasting model to a "Best in Class" forecasting tool which is able to highlight potential cost variances on contracts in advance of them happening and offering solutions to improve the position.
- Financial Analysis and Management Reporting: The role holder is required to ensure that financial data is analysed and presented in a timely and appropriate manner and that any necessary corrective action is taken.
Qualifications and Experience:
- ACA chartered accountant with experience of IFRS and UK GAAP and has first time passes alongside a suitable period and quality of Post Qualification Experience ("PQE").
- A relevant degree qualification (2:1 or above) from a leading UK university and also relevant practical experience within finance role(s) in a profit-orientated, privately owned company.
- Has previously worked in a Big 4 accounting firm with post qualification experience within industry and contract accounting.
- Shows familiarity with infrastructure and/or outsourced and managed support services. Preference for project/contract costing background and experience in construction or related low margin industry.
- A desire to work in a multi-disciplinary role working in a fast-paced team environment and a robust and enthusiastic personality and a demonstration of the ability to work to strict deadlines.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Accounting, Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, Financial Assistant, Finance Associate, Management Accountant, Finance Coordinator, Senior Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Accounts Manager, Finance Specialist, Financial Executive, Finance Controller, Financial Accounting, CIMA, ACA, ACCA, ICAEW, Head of Finance, Cost Controller, Accounts Controller will also be considered for this role.