Site Compliance and Maintenance Technician
SITE COMPLIANCE AND MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
JG4 SCP 18 £17,891 - SCP 21 £19,939 pa
All year round, permanent
Shift pattern - 2-week rota
37 hours per week plus Contributory Pension
Gordano School has a reputation for success that is based on commitment and high standards. We are proud to be a comprehensive school and value the success and achievement of all our pupils. Exam results 2015-16 evidence the commitment of our staff and students to achieving their best, and we are proud of this reputation.
The school became an Academy in July 2011 and is also a specialist Technology College and Leading Edge School. We are an active member of the North Somerset Teaching Alliance and were designated as a National Teaching School in September 2013.
In April 2012 Gordano was judged to be Outstanding in all categories in an Ofsted inspection. We believe that our success is based on the quality, diligence and integrity of our staff.
Gordano School became a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) on 1st September 2016 and is a partner within the Lighthouse Schools Partnership Trust.
For January 2017 Gordano School is seeking a competent, responsible Site Compliance and Maintenance Technician, to join a dynamic Site and Facilities team and report to the Facilities Manager. You will be self-motivated, well planned and organised and be prepared to work under lone working conditions. You also need to be able to prioritise your time effectively.
Duties will include:
- Lock and unlock the school and carry out security checks on the building
- Porterage and general litter picking to maintain the site appearance
- Undertake DIY, general maintenance and decorating competently across the school
- Undertake minor repairs where necessary
- Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety where appropriate
- Previous experience would be beneficial but training will be provided. The successful candidate will be required to act as a key holder. The hours of work will be flexible but between Monday to Friday 6.30am - 8.30pm.
Actual Post Information:
1. This role involves physical work around the school and all applicants must be physically fit to perform all duties as outlined in the Job Description.
2. The Shift pattern reflects 2 week : 2 week rota on the following hours:
week 1: 7am to 3.30pm
week 2: 10am to 6.30pm
The Trust offers an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping), child care vouchers, discounted on-site gym membership and on-site parking.
For more information including job details and an application form, please visit www.gordanoschool.org.uk
Once completed please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted with covering letter and application form (curriculum vitae optional) to the Headteacher, Mr Gary Lewis by: 9am on Thursday 15th December 2016
Interviews: Monday 19th December 2016 Gordano School supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Gordano School is part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership Trust. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all successful applicants.