3D Maya User
Job Title: 3D Maya User
Salary: £ Competitive plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: The Maltings, Kingston upon Hull City Centre
Closing Date: 06 December 2016
SGS, an sgsco company, is an industry leader in design-to-print branding opportunities partnering with global corporations to produce packaging with noteworthy brand recognition. With over 60 years' experience serving the Print, Retail, Consumer Goods and Pharmaceutical Markets, the company's operations are located across North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia - Pacific.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity to develop a valuable and rewarding career by joining a talented and dedicated team in an amazing working environment, where you will receive ongoing support and training. So if you're a highly motivated individual who's eager to learn, have a great work ethic and the drive and ambition to contribute to our highly skilled workforce then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a skilled & experienced 3D Maya User to join our team in Hull.
The role will be to work alongside others creating all types of 3D Packaging & Product for e-content and digital projects.
- Create photorealistic CGI of packaging that meets technical and aesthetic standards
- Complete high-quality work on time and to specification
- Be able to troubleshoot common rendering and lighting technical issues
- Help a developing team with your Maya knowledge
- Be creative and proactive in executing and assisting on all projects
- Excellent communication skills & attention to detail
- Good organisational and analytical skills
- A strong desire to learn from other members of the team, and to share knowledge and discoveries.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- A wide range of experience and skills that can be used to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- 3+ years proven and demonstrable experience creating photorealistic CGI in Maya & Vray
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC including Photoshop retouching & Illustrator
- Mentoring experience is a big plus
- Extensive experience in a wide range of CG Lighting and Shading techniques and technical methods
- Ability to troubleshoot common rendering issues
- Python or MEL experience in production is a plus
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Any Product lighting or tabletop photography experience would be a bonus
- Knowledge of other softwares like Nuke & After FX would be an advantage
- Knowledge of 3DS Max would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience with HDRs and image based lighting
Please send a CV plus covering letter in the strictest confidence with expected salary to: email@example.com or by post to Mrs. Samantha Mosey, Human Resource Manager, SGS The Maltings, Brewery House, The Maltings, Silvester Street, Hull HU1 3HA
Strictly no agencies or publications, thank you