Lead Support Tutor
Lead Support Tutor
Expiry date: 23:59, 11 December 2016
Salary: £28,338 Pro Rata
Benefits: Local Government Pension Scheme Duration: To cover maternity leave - up to 12 months
Newcastle-under-Lyme College is a highly successful tertiary college based in North Staffordshire and is an outstanding, innovative and highly responsive centre for education and training. Our purpose built £60m building opened in January 2010 and provides staff and students with some of the country's finest learning facilities.
The main responsibilities of this role are to work with the Curriculum Leaders and Additional Learning Support Co-ordinator to identify students who require additional support and then work with these students within class, 1:1 or in small groups as well as leading a team of Learning Support Assistants.
To be successful you will have a level 3 qualification in literacy and numeracy or be working towards one and have relevant support or teaching experience within the FE sector. In addition you will be able to co-ordinate and lead a team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To positively engage with curriculum area(s) to identify students who require additional support.
- To carry out Additional Support Initial Interviews for prospective and current students.
- To lead the associated Learning Support Assistants in the delivery of support within class ensuring effective utilisation of Learning Support Assistants through timetabling, support and guidance.
- To deliver support within class, through 1:1 and small group sessions
- Engage in core duties including planning, preparation, developing and preparing adapted learning materials, marking, monitoring and tracking of student progress, preparing reports, attending appropriate meetings.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a level 3 qualification in Literacy and numeracy.
- Has relevant support/teaching experience within the FE Sector.
- Has a good understanding of roles and responsibilities of Learning Support Assistants.
- Has a good knowledge of learning and physical difficulties/disabilities and the best approaches for working with learners with difficulties/disabilities.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Term-time only flexible working
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lead Support Tutor, please click on ‘Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 11 th December 2016.