Our client, a pharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, is looking for a receptionist to join their Facilities department. Working hours will be assigned on a rota basis between Monday and Friday, 35 hours per week (with 1 hour for lunch each day). Flexibility will be required to cover holidays etc. You will be working as part of an established, professional, friendly reception team. Providing a high level of service to all employees, visitors and contractors on their arrival at reception. You will meet and greet all visitors with confidence and presence, ensuring that their first contact with the organisation is professional and meaningful. You will answer incoming calls in a timely, efficient and friendly manner. This role will also provide ad hoc support to the Postal Services team covering holiday and sickness absence.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Meet and greet visitors
- Prepare visitor/contractor badges and issue security day passes
- Receive external and internal calls. Re-direct calls to the appropriate person or department
- Handle all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner by email, in person or by phone.
- Deal with all chauffeur and taxi bookings in a timely manner
- Book meeting rooms using on line booking system
- Maintain the cleanliness and presentation of the Reception area
- Uphold the company values and be an excellent representative of the organisation
- Ad Hoc administrative tasks
- Any other reasonable requests made by the Facilities Team leader in respect of the role
The ideal candidate will have proven experience of working in a busy reception and will have excellent communication skills and a good level of written and spoken English. You will need to demonstrate flexibility and pro-activity and must demonstrate a high standard of professionalism in the role. Strong customer service skills and excellent communication skills are essential to this role. You must have the ability to work effectively within a team and must have proven ability to build strong working relationships with team members.