Trainee Assistant Branch Manage
Due to an internal management development opportunity the following vacancy has arisen:
Trainee Assistant Branch Manager -
Kellaway Building Supplies aims to be the Merchant of Choice for Employees, we do this through our culture and safety but also by rewarding our teams for their efforts, commitments and dedication.
Kellaway Building Supplies and the Kellaway Group of businesses are ambitious and have a strong and determined approach to growth. To support this growth and to achieve our strategic company goals we have many development opportunities available at all levels of the business.
Main Purpose of Job:
- To support achievement of financial and performance budgets for the branch
- Formulate and implement best practice in managing the branch alongside the Branch Manager
- Supporting the Branch Manager to achieve the company's customer service standards
- To develop own personal career by participating in all aspects of training and development programmes.
Main Requirements of Job:
- Very strong sales/customer service experience in building products or a related industry desirable.
- Good communication and people management skills essential
- Must be team oriented
- Experience of transport management desirable, but good organisational skills are more important
Main Tasks of Job:
- Taking and processing customer telephone orders
- Cold calling existing customers with suggested orders etc.
- Drift list
- Maximise sales ledger potential
- Set customer terms
- Resolve customer enquires
- Target setting.
- Greeting customers
- Advising and processing their requirements
- Quotations and pricing
Till reconciliation and account payments
- Cashing up
- Completing banking return
- Daily banking duties
- Monitoring and ordering stock and placing into stock
- Receiving stock on to the computer system
- Ensuring shelf labelling is up to date
- Allocating bin numbers
- Merchandising - stock displays, etc.
- Liaison with existing supplier's sales reps in ordering stock
- Stock takes in line with company requirements
- Report actioning
Supervising the depot
- Ensuring that the branch is opened efficiently at start of business and securely closed at the end of the day
- Supervising and monitoring the performance of branch staff
- General housekeeping
- Taking responsibility for security of the keys to the premises and alarm duties including call outs
- Ensure branch operations comply with company policy and current legislation, supported by the Branch Manager, Operations and Commercial Director and GHO, particularly with respect to health and safety, environmental issues and employment
People management, supported by the Branch Manager and HR department
- Recruitment and retention of branch staff
- Identification of training needs
- Managing absence
- Coaching and mentoring
- Staff career progression
- Staff welfare
- Close liaison with management team to support internal customer service and team working culture and core values
Health and Safety
- Maintaining Health & Safety procedures
- Ensure all areas of branch operations are adhering to health and safety requirements.
- First aider duties
- Attending BRMO meetings and working towards improving Health and Safety standards within the branch
- Proactively promote and encourage good health and safety culture
- Encourage an open approach to near misses and with support of the Branch Manager introduce appropriate risk assessments
- Using Safety Cloud to ensure all tasks for the branch are up to date.
- Overseeing the branch transport by ensuring transport efficiency and that drivers work in a lawful manner and comply with all statutory and company requirements including (but not limited to):
- Health and safety rules
- Daily defect reports
- Health and safety vehicle check sheets
- Driver load reports
- Safety of loads
- Compliance with driver hours and working time regulations
- Complete and up to date driver documentation
- Correct scheduling of deliveries.
- Basic 47.5 hours worked Monday to Friday with some Saturday mornings.
- At this level a flexible approach to working hours is expected
Pay & Benefits:
- Extensive opportunities for career development
- Monthly performance bonus
- A generous 25 days basic holiday entitlement, increasing with length of service, plus bank holidays
- An additional holiday buy and sell scheme
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Additional weeks holiday in anniversary years
- Contractual sick pay scheme (over and above statutory entitlements) increasing with length of service
- Group pension scheme (stakeholder) with matching employer contributions
- Free life insurance scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme (tax savings!)
- Cycle to work scheme (tax savings!)
- Access to a rewards gateway with access to many deals and savings (there really is something for everyone!) including the following, which will make your competitive salaries go much further:
- Access Secret Sales (highly discounted items)
- Discounted travel and leisure (e.g. hotels, holidays and insurance)
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted cinema tickets
- Discounted gift vouchers and cards for many high street retailers, supermarkets, restaurants and cafes
Salary - £20,000 to £21,400 depending on experience