National Account Manager ??? Timber Doors

Recruiter
Anonymous
Location
Lancashire
Salary
15% Bonus
Posted
24 Nov 2016
Closes
22 Dec 2016
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time
National Account Manager - Timber Doors

Job Title: National Account Manager - Timber Doors

Job reference Number: (Apply online only)

Industry Sector: Builders Merchants, Kitchen Retail Trade, Independent Buying Groups, National Accounts

Area to be covered: National

Remuneration: GBP40,000-GBP45,000 Neg. + 15% Bonus

Benefits: Car + full benefits package

The role of the National Account Manager - Timber Doors will involve:

• Being responsible for day to day management of Magnet Trade (30% of your time) and five buying groups nationally (the remaining 70%)
• Revenue responsibility of circa GBP15m (GBP5m Magnet, GBP10m buying groups such as Fortis etc)
• Managing accounts from both a central head office and field based operating level (negotiate trading terms with lead buyer in buying group, and use this agreement as a best practice model to roll out to all other members)
• Further develop Magnet Trade "direct to branch" offer through expanding current ranges, promotional planning and marketing support (looking at cost reductions, driving efficiencies, trading agreements etc)
• Delivering all net budgeted sales, you will be targeted against volume, value, margin and price increases
• Working closely with two Regional Sales Managers, who in turn are working with 11 Territory Sales Managers managing 192 Magnet Trade branches and anywhere from five to 40 merchants per buying group
• In conjunction with customer operations/ category/ procurement teams, develop sales strategies and provide continuous progress updates
• Support full range reviews and implement new product strategies at field level
• Analyze, propose and support negotiations for all tender / contract negotiations
• Review and maintain annual service level/supply chain agreements at head office level

The ideal applicant will be a National Account Manager - Timber Doors:

• Must have managed national accounts
• Ideally some prior experience of having worked with buying groups
• Open on building product backgrounds
• Strong negotiation skills and analytical capability
• Excellent leadership /sales management skills
• Ability to think on your feet / think outside the box
• Ideally with a background in manufacturing
• Must have some prior field sales experience within the construction industry
• Ideally some experience of having sold to national builders merchants or retail trade
• Self starter, loads of energy, proactive approach and can do attitude
• Ability to present strategies to a widely varying audience
• Prepared to travel extensively within the UK
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills

The Company:

• Est. 80 Years+
• GBP200m UK Group turnover+
• Part of a larger organisation globally
• 300+ employees

Please contact Paul, Lee or Simon from Mitchell Maguire on (Apply online only) for an immediate interview.

Mitchell Maguire is a specialist Construction Field Sales Recruitment Consultancy, dealing exclusively with Construction Field Sales Jobs, Construction field sales vacancies and Specification field sales positions within: Timber, Timber Doors, Joinery, Internal Doors & Sets, External Doors & Sets, Patio Doors, Garage Doors, Windows and Door Frames, Panel, Stairs, Staircases, Wardrobe Doors, Hardboard and MDF