IT Infrastructure Analyst
CONSTRUCT. BUILD. SHAPE. DESIGN. CREATE.
You can do all of this and more with BAM.
We give you scope, freedom, and the remit to influence others. All within a well-established business, who embrace loyal staff and work on some remarkable projects which span across the UK and Europe.
Purpose of role:
To play a key role as part of the Infrastructure team maintaining our estate of circa 100 Microsoft Servers spread over 2 Co-located Datacentres, 12 Regional Offices and 100 Construction Sites. Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot our WAN consisting mostly of Cisco Switches and Routers in cooperation with third party Telecoms suppliers and Cisco partners.
- Provide support of network, servers, and applications.
- Maintain documentation of server hardware and network hardware resources.
- Manage and maintain monitoring of server hardware, networking hardware, Operating systems and key applications.
- Maintain security of servers and PCs -firewalls, antivirus and scheduled patching.
- Ensure Backups are current and well maintained.
- Maintain knowledge of IT industry developments.
- Work with other IT staff when required, on either operational tasks or specific projects.
- Microsoft Operating Systems - Windows 710, 2008 Server, 2012 Server - Clustering, NLB
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft System Centre - Config Manager, Ops Manager, Virtual Machine Manager
- Microsoft Networking - DNS, DHCP, IPsec
- MS Cloud Services - Azure, Office 365
- Virtualisation Technologies - predominantly MS Hyper-V and some VMWare ESX
- Cisco Switching and Routing minimum CCNA standard
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- IP Telephony - Cisco CUCM
- Install, Configure, Troubleshoot HP DL & BL Servers and Storage Systems
- SAN & NAS technologies - HP, Nimble
- Database technologies - Oracle, SQL
- Security - Anti Virus, Patching, Firewalls MS TMG and Cisco ASA
- Ability to work under pressure troubleshooting Network & Server outages as well as take a lead technical role on projects
- Assist Infrastructure colleagues and project Management team to prioritise and coordinate Infrastructure projects and operational activities and provide technical support to other members of the IT team
In addition to your salary you will benefit from our bonus scheme, car allowance, pension, bupa, generous holidays and much more.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Come and build your career with BAM Construct UK.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.
A few facts about BAM
- British construction and property services company, part of Royal BAM Group
- A leading UK Contractor
- Employs approximately 2,500 people
- Started 1874
- Delivering Offices, schools, hospitals, university departments, hotels, research labs, cultural venues, museums, travel hubs???
- Seven regions across UK
To apply please click the APPLY button.