Morgan Hunt are currently assisting a London based University recruit an interim Management Accountant for their project and research team. Due to various projects going on at the University the team are looking for additional head count to support them during a busy period. The role will involve but by no means be limited to:
* Preparation of forecasts for selected Schools and Professional Services
* Preparation and distribution of Budget reports and commentary on any budget variance
* Meeting with Budget Holders to discuss budget variances
* Providing budget training and support to Budget Holders
* Check and sign off the setting up of new awards for research grants and contracts.
* Sign off grant announcement letters ensuring that budgets have been set up correctly on the finance system and coding.
* Check that HESA funder type and HESA cost centre (subject) have been recorded correctly.
* Check and approve journal charges for overheads
* Check and sign off invoices and financial statements to funding bodies
* Check termly reports to Research Committee for bid submissions and success rates
* Prepare analyses of 15/16 research income and success rates for inclusion in report to Finance and General Purposes Committee.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a qualified or part qualified Accountant who has extensive experience in research management accounts preparation. Experience with research budgets is essential and only candidate with this experience can be considered for the role due to the short term nature of the opportunity.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.