Financial Controller - Manufacturing
A global manufacturing business is currently hiring for the key role of Controller / Financial Controller for a division of their business, joining their large accounts team on a permanent basis at their offices in South East London.
The company, one of the largest agricultural processor, have been trading for over 100 years in 140 counties transforming crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world.
As the Financial Controller the role will provide timely and accurate financial and management information, implement and uphold internal controls and drive continuous improvement as well as lead, motivate and manage a team. As the role takes accounts from crop sourcing right the way through to end product, it is imperative that this role is taken on by a suitable controller with previous commodities or manufacturing experience. Reporting to the Country Controller the main duties of the role include but will not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for 2 direct accounting reports
- Ensure P&L's and balance sheet reporting are accurate and completed in a timely manner, to both local and European management teams with full analysis
- Manages all accounting procedures for assigned area of responsibilities (e.g. G/L maintenance, accruals, expense postings, journal entry preparation) for US GAAP and ensure SOX compliance
- Develop and maintain key strategic relationships with business partners to ensure financial support in adding value to the business
- Provide support to the business in all business partnering initiatives
- Review and control all balance sheet accounts within area of responsibility on a monthly basis, with full explanation of reconciling differences.
- Maintain adequate controls and monitors key control areas. Providing recommendations for enhancements where appropriate
- Monitor key performance indicators and tracking systems which monitor the effectiveness of business operations including Working Capital control.
- Liaise with audit teams - both internal and external to ensure successful and timely completion of audit reviews
- Look pro-actively for process improvements and implement as appropriate
The Candidate Profile
The successful candidate must be fully qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CPA) with circa 3 plus years post qualification experience. Furthermore it is an ESSENTIAL criteria that applicants have experience in a manufacturing environment and ideally with exposure to commodity trading
- Other criteria will include:
- Advanced MS Office skills and Accounting Systems knowledge
- Strong motivational and decisive leader with excellent communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and gain credibility quickly with business stakeholders
Whats on offer
A truly excellent package is of offer for the right candidate as well as the chance to join a truly global company with all the international prospects which that brings. There is huge scope to make this role more than it currently is by reviewing and improving processes alongside developing more junior staff with the view of succession planning.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.