Learning Support Assistant
Job Role: Learning Support Assistant
Salary: c £10 per hour (plus re-imbursement of expenses
Location: Harrogate and Burn Bridge
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
New opportunity not to be missed! We have an opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to work for us on a part time permanent basis. We will offer the ideal candidate a competitive salary of c £10 per hour (plus re-imbursement of expenses).
As a Learning Support Assistant you will be working with our 17 year old son who is on the Autistic Spectrum and has a Statement of Special Educational Needs. Currently he is in first year of 6th form studying for his A Levels (History, DT & Media Studies).
You will be trained in Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA). You will be working part time at our home near Harrogate and will collect our son from school in Burn Bridge (HG3). You will also be working Saturday mornings at our home, supporting our son with his independence as well as some homework. There is also the opportunity for some work in the school holidays.
We will provide the ideal Learning Support Assistant:
- Introductory training in Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) by Autism Partnership (AP)
- On-going support and mentoring from one of AP's Yorkshire based Supervisors
- A valuable opportunity to gain work experience in Special Needs.
To become our new Learning Support Assistant you will need:
- An enthusiasm and desire to work with someone who has difficulties in some social and learning situations, but who nevertheless is flourishing in an inclusive setting
- To have good GCSE and A level grades as the role is supporting the successful achievement of A levels. A level passes in his chosen subjects are not required.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Personal Attributes: professional, self-motivated, flexible with a good sense of humour
- Driver with own car and clean driving licence
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a Learning Support Assistant click 'Apply' below.
No agencies please