Technical Support Consultant
Fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Technical Support Consultant to join a cutting-edge forward thinking company, working within a fast paced IT environment.
Job Title: Technical Support consultant / Account Management (Web Hosting)
Location: Morley, Leeds
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our client’s team in a Technical Support role. You will be a first point of contact for customers and also part of the escalation path from other support members. Primarily handling client technical issues via tickets and telephone, and working with customers on provision of services, your desire to help, and go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction, is essential.
As this role is focused on customer communications and troubleshooting, strong written and spoken English is essential. You should also have good organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and apply logical processes.
The following are essential:
- Understanding of HTTP, DNS, Internet communications and issues surrounding website operation
- Knowledge of common Internet software, such as IIS, Apache, MySQL, PHP
- Knowledge of Linux-based/Microsoft operating systems
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- A strong desire and ability to learn and develop
- Practical experience and understanding of computer/server hardware
The following skills would be desirable:
- Previous experience in a helpdesk environment
- Experience of working with hosting tools such as cPanel/WHM
- Experience in customer communications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft/Linux operating systems
- Understanding of cloud technologies
- UK Driving licensing
Salary - £19,000-£22,000 per annum,
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm 35 hours per week
Pension - 6% pension,
Benefits - 28 days holiday and discounted gym membership
Please apply with a covering letter and CV, stating why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Candidates may also come from the following backgrounds; Technical Support Analyst, Technical Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Advisor, 1st Line Support Engineer. First Line Support Consultant, IT Support. Systems Engineer. Web Hosting, Web Developer.
Apply for Technical Support Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly