Factorylux is a cutting edge UK lighting manufacturer, now looking to recruit a skilled production manager. You will lead our small team of engaged and passionate technicians and maintain our industry best lead times in the face of strong sales growth.
We converted a redundant trouser factory in West Yorkshire into a stunning open plan workspace. Our lighting brand was growing, disrupting the market and we needed a HQ to match. We implemented an innovative linear management structure. Production employees benefitted from equal status, full interchangeability between tasks / roles and self management. They followed the same training regime and joined our employee co-ownership scheme.
It’s been incredibly successful. Our progressive approach to business unlocked growth. Our largest customer, by volume, is Marks & Spencer (our lighting is integral to the store redesign from clothing to food). By fame, it's Martin Scorsese (we designed and manufactured lighting for multi Oscar nominated Hugo).
Our production team is flexible and willing to embrace new ideas, which has underpinned our ability to compete and maintain UK manufacturing.
Factorylux is entering a new phase of growth. We recently launched LED based architectural lighting, initiated our first product for USA market and partnered with HEALS to reconfigure our ‘next-day bespoke' lighting manufacture service as a store experience.
Factorylux production now requires a more conventional structure. It needs a leader who can win the trust of suppliers, subcontractors and our own production team, freeing them from day to day task management / planning. Our production colleagues are highly engaged, co-owners of the business and very much looking forward to this development.
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 per Annum
HMRC accredited employee co-ownership & profit share scheme
Employer matched contribution pension up to 3%
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm (flexibility on start / end time)
We're a slick, fast moving workplace where decisions get made and implemented quickly. We're constantly adapting and reinventing as we go, you'll need to immerse yourself in this approach.
Role + Responsibilities:
• Lead team of 6 skilled technicians
• Plan / strategise workload for team
• Get hands on, making product when necessary (often)
• Work with R&D to implement production of new products
• Induct new recruits into team
• Maintain our excellent internal training
• Maintain our excellent technical files
• Ensure product, component and document compliance
• Stay abreast of relevant regulations and legislation (via external training / research)
• Be first line support for our sales and customer team
• Identify and implement continuous small improvements as per 5S / common sense
• Weekly report to management
• Experience managing people
• Experience product compliance
• Skilled at light engineering processes and / or assembly work
• Comfortable at bench or desk
• Computer literate
• Interest in lean tools / processes / ideas
• Great communicator
• Transparent, hard working
• Organised administrator
• Ability to read technical drawings
• Experience on cloud based WMS system
Please apply online for this Production Manager role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for this Production Manager role and to follow further instructions if applicable.