PMLD Support Worker
Do you have the experience, skills and patience to work within a special school setting with a variety of students with different needs and abilities?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity available!
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a special school in the Salford area for a support worker, working with PMLD children.
This is an extremely caring, supportive and well resourced primary school which Ofsted judged as "good" in all areas in their last visit.
They work with children with PMLD and SLD offering them full support in a warm and happy atmosphere. The school has a positive environment that nurtures happiness, children feel at home and are well prepared to deal with the next stage in their education both within the school and when transferring to another school.
Staff work hard to ensure that what the pupils are learning is relevant and enhances their life skills.
The school invest a lot of time and resources into staff training and development to support progression for individuals, you will be given support to progress and take on more responsibilities within you role.
The role will entail:
- Working on a 1:1 basis with the children so they get the support they need
- Personal care on odd occasions
- Pastoral work
- Medical assistance (occasionally)
You will need:
- Experience of working with students with profound and multiple learning disabilities - PMLD.
- A willingness to pick up the skills necessary across other sections in the school
- To assist in instilling enjoyment into lessons
- Team teach trained is desired but not essential
If you believe this role would be suitable, please send your CV to the Manchester office.
Apply for PMLD Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly