Product Development Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Development Engineer to join Corin based in Cirencester, Gloucestershire.
Corin is a global leader in orthopaedic innovation, specialising in the design, development and manufacture of a wide range of cutting edge artificial implant solutions for hip, knee and ankle replacement. Founded in Cirencester in the UK in 1985, our products are now distributed globally through subsidiaries in the USA, Australia, Japan, South Africa, Germany, Austria and Italy, as well as through an extensive distributor network across Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
The key area for this role will be to design implant & instrumentation for all Corin Group products and to ensure all necessary procedures & documentation are adhered to.
As a Product Development Engineer typical activities will include:
- Design implant and instrumentation for all Corin Group products.
- Create the necessary design documentation to current SOP’s and design procedures.
- Manage specific design projects as and when required, to budgets and plans.
- File and maintain all design documentation.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Create / file / maintain design drawings, process sheets, inspection sheets and other design related documentation.
- Create 2D and 3D drawings / models for design / manufacturing use.
- Liaise with Manufacturing and Production Engineering to ensure effective introduction of new devices.
- Produce design output packages where required.
- Structural calculations, tolerance stack analysis, CAD assembly assessment.
- Generate finite element models for the assessment of devices.
- Create RP models as and when required.
- Validation and verification to support development process.
An ideal Product Development Engineer will have the following:
- BEng or BSc in a relevant subject such as Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Product Design or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Computer literate and able to use a wide range of software.
- 2D & 3D CAD design or draughting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience within a highly regulated industry would be advantageous.
- Time management skill.
- Ability to track multiple tasks at different stages in the development process.
- Be a fast learner & Self-Starter.
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 53291331 / INDHP