Location: Portchester, Hampshire UK
Salary: £18,000 – £25,000 dependent on experience.
ASV Global is looking for an exceptional Technical Author to join our busy, growing and motivated team located in Portchester, Hampshire, UK.
About ASV Global:
We are a fast paced, rapidly expanding, world leading company specialising in the design, build and operation of unmanned maritime vehicles. We operate in the Military, Energy and Research sectors and build innovative, technologically advanced products to solve difficult problems.
Our UK Headquarters, based on the water’s edge just outside Portsmouth, Hampshire provides a perfect location for the development and testing of our products. We solve the problems that others can’t.
Our success is due to the people we employ – if you’re smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems then ASV Global is for you.
Reporting to the Head of Project Delivery, the primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Production, maintenance, updating and verification of documentation to support all ASV vehicle activities: user handbooks, software manuals, standard operating procedures, trials plans and reports, safety/risk assessments.
- Obtaining an in-depth understanding of all ASV products and services and the various documentation requirements by working with internal teams and staff.
- Gathering usability feedback from customers and end users and making subsequent improvements to existing documentation and materials.
- Developing interactive/online content from existing hard copy and electronic documentation.
- Providing assistance to all staff to ensure the standardisation and quality of internal and customer-delivered documentation, overseeing content across various platforms and media.
- Conducting regular technical and editorial review of project documentation and reporting tools; ensuring standardisation of internal documentation and reporting is implemented and maintained.
- Working with the various project managers to provide support as required with the production of progress reports, project Gantt charts, photo/video/media libraries.
- Providing assistance to the Operations Team and/or Project Managers for the production of bespoke documentation for vehicle/boat commissioning (customer test and acceptance plans, safety/risk assessments, training courses).
- Providing assistance to the Operations Team and/or Project Managers by participating in boat/vehicle commissioning and testing (on land and at sea).
- Regular liaison with the Quality Manager / Office Manager to ensure the documentation requirements of ASV’s ISO 9001 quality system are being met and maintained.
- Providing assistance to the sales team via formatting and proof reading of bids and proposals.
- Supporting the marketing team in the development of technical content for the ASV website, social media platforms and company intranet, ensuring that all output conforms to established company branding guidelines.
You are expected to have the following key skills, experience and capabilities:
- The ability to produce and deliver high quality, well formatted technical documentation.
- A particular attention to detail in the production of written and published material.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good communication skills; able to correlate ideas and instructions from multiple sources and assimilate as detailed instructional material.
- University degree or equivalent.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Experience in a similar role for 1-2 years.
- Use of graphics/image editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop).
- Creation of online content (e.g. blogs).
- Creation of printed material (e.g. brochures, datasheets).
- Knowledge of marine engineering systems.
- Previous experience/qualifications with operating of small boats (e.g. RYA Powerboat).
- Experience of blogging.
- Experience of the marine environment, either through business or leisure activities, would be highly advantageous.
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Technical Author role, then please apply now!
Apply for Technical Author
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly