Role: Chemical Engineer
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for a Chemical Engineer to join the team based in Chirk, North Wales. This is a full time, permanent position offering you a competitive salary.
At Kronospan we pride ourselves on delivering “Wood Perfected” and have invested in innovation since 1897. As the world leader in the production of wood based panel products, we are seeking a loyal, ambitious and passionate Chemical Engineer who can effectively oversee the Chemical Engineering of our Formalin & Resin plants.
Key features of the Chemical Engineer
- Provide Chemical Engineering suppot for Maintenance & Engineering activities in Formalin & Resin departments
- Major projetcs
- Minor improvement projects
- Planned maintenance
- Breakdown maintenance
- Updating and maintaining plant engineering documentation.
- Prioritisation and organisation of routine/breakdown maintenance
- Maintenance data collection (to support proactive maintenance planning)
- Ensuring that high standards of plant safety are maintained at all times; to promote the required safety culture at all times.
- Supervision of Resin / Formalin plant Fitters, and Instrument Technicians (Formalin / Resin).
- Supervision of maintenance contractors.
- In addition to provision of general support, to specifically support Plant Manager on:
- Proactive/preventative Shutdown planning
- Shutdown work management
- Ensuring plant operates in compliance (COMAH, IPPC etc)
- Liaison with external agencies such as the HSE and EA
- Ensuring adherence to safe systems of work
- Any other reasonable duties as required, once competence is established.
- To further develop relevant competences as required.
- To meet or exceed any specific performance objectives agreed under the Kronospan performance appraisal process.
- To adhere to all Kronospan policies and procedures.
Chemical Engineer Requirements
- At least 12 months experience in Chemical Engineering role
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and applicable engineering standards.
- Good Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge relevant Chemical Engineering software
- Working knowledge of Auto Cad
- Degree or equivalent in a Chemical Engineering
- People management skills
- Implementation of systems and processes
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the company.
Just some of what we are able to offer includes
- Attractive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to excellence
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a Chemical Engineer please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.