Senior Demand Planner
Cambridge University Press has a unique opportunity available for a Senior Demand Planner - Customer Services to join the team. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary plus benefits.
We are a global not-for-profit organisation, committed to the advancement of knowledge worldwide through our exciting publishing programme directed at learners. You will be joining a diverse and collaborative workforce and you will be supported in your career ambitions to achieve your potential. Help us achieve our mission, and you will have a career that is not only hugely satisfying but brings with it great benefits and a stimulating, supportive and flexible working environment.
We’re putting the customer at the heart of everything we do and in this role you’ll help us take our Customer Experience to the next level. You’ll work closely with our global customer services teams to produce accurate forecasts for future customer demand and ensure we have the right number of people in place at to support our global customers base.
We’re very proud to be a not for profit organisation, committed to the advancement of knowledge worldwide through our exciting publishing programme. Our mission is to unlock people's potential with the best learning and research solutions. You will be joining a diverse and collaborative workforce and you will be supported in your career ambitions to achieve your potential.
What are the responsibilities of the Senior Demand Planner?
- You’ll produce customer contact forecasts using Sales projections and historical data and ratios
- You’ll identify Market specific behaviour and opportunities to reduce contacts per customer
- You’ll assist local Leadership to produce intraday team scheduling to maximise colleague and customer satisfaction
- You’ll engage with colleagues globally to produce rota’s that maximise flexibility and work life balance
- As our customers adopt more of our digital portfolio you’ll notify customer service leadership of future skills/training required to ensure we’re adequately prepared
- As we grow you’ll make recommendations on which global location to locate staff in to provide the best customer experience
- You’ll manage schedule adherence to maximise learning, coaching and customer satisfaction
- You’ll assess team training needs to maintain global training and skills records
- You’ll produce regular reports on efficiency, productivity, cost to serve, schedule adherence and opportunities.
- You’ll help correlate Customer satisfaction metrics to staffing levels
What skills do I need to have to become a Senior Demand Planner?
The ideal candidate will possess relevant demand planning experience. You will have a demonstrated proficiency in statistics and forecasting with an understanding of financial and operational impacts; exceptional analytical, organizational and decision making skills; strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated high levels of self-sufficiency and self-motivation; and strong MS Excel skills. Knowledge of SAP and SAP reporting is a plus.
We offer our Senior Demand Planner a fantastic benefits package!
A great central Cambridge location, our office is based only 10 minutes’ walk from the train station and guided busway. Benefits include an employee assistance scheme, flexible working, free life assurance and a contributory pension scheme, 28 days’ annual leave (increasing with service), subsidised restaurant and café, free on-site gym and sports facilities, and season ticket travel loans.
Closing Date: 14th December
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that play’s a leading role in today’s global market place as our Senior Demand Planner.