full training given
£17-22k pa + pension and medical available
Full time, permanent post - 5-days per week which may include some Saturdays
Are you looking for a job that offers more than just money?
Training at Classic Eyes as an optical assistant offers more opportunities than just reception and frame styling.
Once you have completed the basic in-house training you can choose to add one or more of the following specialities: child vision therapy, dry eye management, clinical procedures, lens fitting and ordering, glaucoma and diabetic screening as well as full instruction on many optical instrumentation and procedures.
Classic Eyes is a clinically based optical practice with two branches in Poole and Bournemouth. We have offered expert eye care to the area for 18 years and now wish to add to our team of exceptional staff.
Main responsibilities but not limited to;-
- Welcoming patients to the practice and ensuring excellent service throughout their visit.
- Answering calls and dealing with requests.
- Recording, updating and maintenance of patient details on record.
- Pre-test procedures.
- Dispensing of frames and lenses.
- General administrative duties:- cashing up, banking, correspondence, invoicing, filing and posting.
- Contact lens teaching and dispensing.
- Vision Therapies.
- Stock maintenance.
- NHS compliance.
- Ensuring that patients are kept up to date on the progress of their jobs, following up on jobs and ensuring that promises made to patients are kept.
- Keeping the practice clean and tidy.
The ideal candidate must be dedicated, conscientious and have excellent communication skills. The position would suit an ex-teacher or nurse but recent school-leavers would do equally well as we offer full and comprehensive training.
If you are interested in this position please send a 2 page CV by return.
Apply for Optical Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly