Title: Support Worker
Salary: £16,944 per annum pro rata*
* Annual earnings based on a basic salary of £14,976 per annum, and also include enhancements for weekend working and sleep-in shifts as part of a typical rota.
Contract Type: Permanent, Part Time
To Start: As soon as possible, first suitable applicant will be appointed
The organisation is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We are looking for a people person with a good sense of empathy who is supportive and patient to join our team in our Mental Health service located in Portsmouth. You will need to have an understanding of what is involved in supporting people with their recovery in a supported environment, and have excellent listening skills. Our team really listens to their clients and recognizes their strengths and skills and support them in their recovery.
The ideal candidate will:
* be experienced, skilled and enthusiastic,
* be positive, can-do, flexible in approach and reflective in their practice.
* work alongside our clients as an equal partner and give advice and guidance at a level matching the person's skills and strengths
* develop positive working relationships to create a network of support for our clients.
The organisation has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Support worker will:
* Have experience of working with vulnerable people
* Understand promoting independence
* Understand the importance of completing support plans and risk assessments
* Understand the needs of people with mental health
* Be prepared to support clients with daily living skills and personal care
* Have good communication skills: verbal, non-verbal and written
* Understand confidentiality and how this applies to clients
* Be able to lone work or work as part of a team
* Be flexible and able to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If you think you have the skills to provide this service we can't wait to hear from you! Please click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this post.
If you are successful during this initial screening you will be invited to an assessment and interview, the date of which will be agreed at this point. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment so don't delay, apply today!
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers called Premier Crew, working across Hampshire. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821935 to apply, or for more details.