Title: Housing Worker
Salary: £17,778 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
To start as soon as possible
The organisation is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We are recruiting to the position of Housing Worker in our Health & Homelessness team in Dorset. The role requires someone who can be person centred at all times and ensure empowerment is at the heart of everything the service does. As a Housing Worker you will need to develop and maintain excellent relationships with people both within the organisation and externally, and be an ambassador and champion of the work that we do. Our clients have told us that they want guidance and reassurance, they want to be pointed in the right direction and someone to give them a voice, helping them to help themselves.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
* Have experience of working with vulnerable people delivering housing related support
* have use of a vehicle and be able to travel across Dorset and Hampshire
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills with people at all levels, with a good level of literacy and numeral skills
* Have experience of risk management, needs led assessment and support planning achieving positive outcomes for our clients
* have knowledge of homelessness legislation and welfare benefits/benefit reform
* be used to working in a fast-paced environment.
* work alongside our clients as an equal partner and give advice and guidance at a level matching the person's skills and strengths
The organisation has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If you think you have the skills to provide this service we can't wait to hear from you! Please click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this post.
If you are successful during this initial screening you will be invited to an assessment and interview, the date of which will be agreed at this point. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment so don't delay, apply today!
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew working across Dorset and Hampshire. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821935 to apply or for more details.