Teaching Assistant (SENCO Support)
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant?
Are you able to build excellent rapport with students whilst staying within professional boundaries?
If so please keep reading for an exciting opportunity in the Scunthorpe area:
Our client is looking for a Learning Support Assistant to work with Key Stage 3 and 4 students with emotional and behaviour difficulties. You will be supporting a range of subjects including core subjects of Maths, English & Science as well as Vocational studies.
This is a temporary to permanent position and is a great opportunity for somebody to:
- Gain experience working with students in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Work in a specially resourced provision
- Expand your knowledge of working with students with challenging behaviour
- Be offered ongoing CPD and progression opportunities
The unit is a specially resourced provision. It supports up to 80 students who have extreme emotional and behavioural difficulties, but numbers tend to be around 50.
The successful candidate should have:
- The creativity required to engage with students with behavioural difficulties
- The interpersonal skills needed to effectively communicate with staff and students
- The ability to think outside of the box when required
- The passion to want to help make a difference to the student's lives
- A strong background working as an LSA or TA (SEN or EBD experienced would be advantageous but is not essential)
What we can offer you
Randstad Education is the UK market leader in education recruitment. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for over twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills.
At Randstad Education we take pride in our commitment to raising standards and building a large portfolio of recommendations - In a recent survey with our existing candidate we scored a 9.6 out of 10 for having an overall great experience with Randstad.
When asked what do you like about us -
"The personal service! My local Randstad consultants are genuinely friendly, caring and helpful, as well as the only recruitment agents I know who care to match me to a school suited to me, who care to take my needs and wishes into account rather than just wanting to place me into any school as long as it renders a profit, and to get in touch to ask whether an assignment is going well."
In reward for our teachers hard work and commitment we provide competitive rates of pay, a refer a friend scheme, teacher of the term awards, access to CPD, long term and permanent job opportunities, a dedicated consultant, and an honest and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school.