Trainee Dental Nurse
Due to continued expansion, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a trainee dental nurse to join our busy multi-surgery private dental practice in Walkden.
This is a full time position of 36 hours per week between the hours of 8:30am - 7:00pm
Your roles and responsibilities will involve an array of tasks, including;
- Provide chairside assistance to the clinician ensuring that the correct equipment is available.
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Process radiographs using digital imaging software
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Keep clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practices' health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers instructions.
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc.
- Complete laboratory request forms and keep records
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications
- Attend and participate in meetings
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher courses for medical emergencies and CPR
- Other uties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice
- Act in accordance with the practice rules of conduct
Interested? If so, you must:
Have 5 GCSE's at grade C or above or equivalent
Have a smart appearance
Be punctual and Reliable
Have a willingness to learn
Be polite, articulate and friendly with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Be self motivated
Have fantastic organisational skills and pay close attention to detail.
Understand the essential need for discretion and confidentiality
Be able to work in a busy environment
To apply, please download the application form from supporting documents and post it to:
10-12 Memorial Road
or alternatively call 0161 790 2314 to request an application form.