Direct Access Hostel Worker
Direct Access Hostel Worker
Salary: £19,540 per annum pro rata*
* Annual salary based on a basic salary of £15,810.00, a Market Rate Allowance of £3,000.00 and also incorporates shift enhancements for weekend working as part of a typical rota.
Contract Type: Full and Part Time
We will appoint the first suitable applicants
The organisation is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
You will work with our clients to help them achieve the skills they need to enable them to live independently, where possible in the accommodation they want, with the level of support they need. We someone who is calm and down to earth, easy to get along with, knowledgeable in housing and who has experience working clients with problems around alcohol and drugs. It would also be great if you could be a good pool player too!
We are looking for someone who is:
* Able to listen to clients
* Trustworthy, reliable and will always do they say they will, when they say they will.
* Flexible and adaptive with how they work.
* Committed to making the time they work with clients constructive and fun.
* Chatty, polite, and a clear communicator
* Caring, respectful and fair
As a Direct Access Hostel Worker, you will listen to people, and help to support them to bring about positive change in their lives. You will help motivate people and encourage them to make these changes, being creative in your approach and understanding of their needs.
The organisation has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like you're ideal role we're keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don't delay, apply today! Click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this post. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment.
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew, to work on a relief basis in a number of our services throughout Hampshire and with a variety of different client groups. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821935 for more details.
Apply for Direct Access Hostel Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly